Power/Ready blinking, not heating, Hot Springs 2010 Sovereign II with new IQ2020 Eagle control board.

TMK

2010 Hot Springs Sovereign II, ll1M2085, with new IQ2020 Eagle Control Box

Not heating and I don't think the circulation pump is operating. Flashing Power/Ready lights on the control panel. Open the Control Box pictured below, left to right: 1. D21 Red led light is on; 2. PWR ON led is green and flashing 3. LIMIT OK led is lit sold green

Cleaned filters, checked for airlocks. Pulled the water lines off both the heater and the circ. pump and water is flowing. Did this to remove any airlock and check for an junk jammed in the pump. Seemed fine.

Feeling the circulation pump it doesn't appear to be running, I would expect a slight humm and no water movement in the tub.

Do these led light indicators tell a story of a bad circulation pump? 

How do I do a double check on the circulation pump to make sure it's the problem or an unfixable problem before buying a new one?

Here's a picture of the Control Box.

IMG-5901.thumb.jpg.e309afd97aefef17eba5653f9f327865.jpg

Yes, I installed a new control panel to go with the IQ2020. All was running smooth for the past 3 months. Received an error message to clean filters and restart. Did that, it worked for a day, then stopped heating and no circulation.  I've had this error before. Maybe the circ pump was on it's way out and finally gave up the ghost?

I just pulled the circulation pump, it was all clean and no debris in it. 

With the pump disconnected I turned the tub back on to see if I was getting the same error, and yes, same error.

I took my volt meter to see if the panel was delivering power to the circ pump leads, and Yes there is power to the leads.

So, it must be a bad circ pump right? I took it apart and it looked clean with no issue. Nothing in the propeller,  and nothing strange with the wiring.

6D084A95-D1E6-4A4D-90E6-B12813D591FA.jpeg

141E94D6-C58C-4393-B70E-5A7C16244817.jpeg

5 minutes ago, TMK said:

Yes, I installed a new control panel to go with the IQ2020. All was running smooth for the past 3 months. Received an error message to clean filters and restart. Did that, it worked for a day, then stopped heating and no circulation.  I've had this error before. Maybe the circ pump was on it's way out and finally gave up the ghost?

I just pulled the circulation pump, it was all clean and no debris in it. 

With the pump disconnected I turned the tub back on to see if I was getting the same error, and yes, same error.

I took my volt meter to see if the panel was delivering power to the circ pump leads, and Yes there is power to the leads.

So, it must be a bad circ pump right? I took it apart and it looked clean with no issue. Nothing in the propeller,  and nothing strange with the wiring.

Months ago, when I originally installed the new contol panel, control box, and updated the software it wasn't heating. I replaced the limit switches to the heater and all then it all worked fine. So, I didn't think the issue would be the heater switches.

5 minutes ago, TMK said:

6D084A95-D1E6-4A4D-90E6-B12813D591FA.jpeg

141E94D6-C58C-4393-B70E-5A7C16244817.jpeg

FYI, I’m not a service tech.  If the board is sending power to the circulation pump but the pump is not running, I would assume then the pump is dead.  

Except for when the tub is in summer mode, which turns the circulation pump off for 8 hours a day, I don’t know if an scenario where the circulation pump would shut off.  Can you run the jets?  If so, that should rule of a hi-limit trip.

• Like 1

No sign of life with my circ pump. I had my hand on it and no humm. I don’t know how to test it using a volt meter. You can’t disassemble it because the parts are glued in there. It’s probably 10 years old which may be the life of it. Hoping the new one fixes the problem. 

• 1 year later...

I am trying to connect up a 2009 Grandee with a 76858 heater relay board and an IQ2020 to a 2 wire 230 volt supply. One leg of the 230 is hot, the other is neutral. No 110v circuit. I would like to use 2 GFCI breakers, one for the heater side and one for the pumps. Anybody have a diagram from the board for this setup from the package insert? I found one for a 5 connector board from the package insert but not for the 7 connector system.

5 pin connection.jpg