older Jacuzzi J-345 circuit board blown

Fred Harwood

Good day All, the other night i heard a pop from inside the tub and it blew both breakers, found a significant scorch mark on the "heater out module" and blew the pins out on the back of the board.  

I am in Canada and draining the tub as i write this for fear of freeze up, I have a 2004 Jacuzzi J-345 and the board is a 6600-087 but the new version would be a 6600-728 according to jacuzzi tech in California.  Would anyone know where i could get a reasonably cheap board as I'm see them at $500 - $ 700 which is way out of my budget,  in the 17 years i have blown a circ pump and now this , so not too bad and very fortunate.

Appreciate any help you all could suggest. 

Thanks, Fred

1588962811_oldcircuitboardnumber.thumb.jpg.7379e366431f7c2d2b6a53181f23a176.jpg

J-345 old circuit board.jpg

• 11 months later...

Hi,

I have a j345 from 2004 as well. And I had a similar problem with the heater shorting out and causing the breakers to flip. It started with a Flo 1 error. There’s a scorch mark on the board where the heater connects. 

How did you sort out your issue?

I contacted a local hot tub tech to investigate. They quoted me $500 Canadian for the new heater and $1800 to replace the board. Plus labour!

Help!

thanks,

nicholas 

7 hours ago, Nfw said:

Hi,

I have a j345 from 2004 as well. And I had a similar problem with the heater shorting out and causing the breakers to flip. It started with a Flo 1 error. There’s a scorch mark on the board where the heater connects. 

How did you sort out your issue?

I contacted a local hot tub tech to investigate. They quoted me $500 Canadian for the new heater and $1800 to replace the board. Plus labour!

Help!

thanks,

nicholas 

Where in Canada... Please start your own thread and post photos of the circuit board and the schematic on the inside cover. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
On 1/15/2021 at 6:55 PM, CanadianSpaTech said:

Where in Canada? I am just outside Milton, ON and have an electronics repair guy located in Guelph, ON. PM me if you want his details.

It appears that I have the exactly the same problem with my Jacuzzi J345.  I would like to try and replace the relays myself.  Do you know where I can order them?  Part #?

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...