Nature2 stick in inline spa system????

DougA

I have a 2005 Marquis Silver Anniversary Edition hot tub that's about 400 gallons.  It has the inline system that can be used with the frog products.

This spa has two filters and they are not open on the top.  The inside diameter and design of the filter makes it really hard to install in the filter.

Would it be as effective to put the Nature2 stick in the inline spa system?  Would it get enough flow to work as well as being in one of the two filter?

Any other thoughts or ideas to mount it in the filter would be appreciated too.

Thanks, Doug

Be aware that the chemistries of N2 and FrogEASE are not the same so you cannot directly substitute an N2 cartiridge for a . N2 is a silver/MPS/HOT water/dichlor system (the MPS CAN be replaced by dichlor to create a silver/ low chlrorine system while FROG@ease is a silver/1,3-dichloro-5,5-dimethylhydantoin system.

I would not trust putting an N2 stick in the iinline system.

IF you want to go with N2 it is inserted into the bottom of a closed top filter as their instruction pamphlet instructs. However, if you do so be sure to follow the N2 'recipe' that they provide and my suggestion is to use the low chlorine recipe by substituting dichlor for the MPS at the amount of 1 tablespoon of dichlor for 3 tablespoons of MPS (or 1 teaspoon of dichlor for every 250 gallons/1000 liters of water which will create a FC level of approx. 2 ppm) as listed in the N2 instruction pamphlet.

https://www.nature2.com/-/media/zodiac/global/downloads/tl/tl-2700.pdf

IMHO, the FROG@ease system is the better one since there is no CYA being added by dichlor that will effect the effectiveness of the dichlor chlorine source and the fact that is IS a low chlorine/silver system and not a MPS/HOT water/SIlver/dichlor system. While it is true that dimethylhydantion does act as a UV stabilizer for both chlorine and bromine (but not to the same extent) it does not seem to have the negative effects as CYA to the same extent in regards to overstabilization

13 hours ago, RDspaguy said:

Wow. Are you finally coming around to my way of thinking, just a little, @waterbear? N2 and dichlor (I use 1 tsp plus 1/2 tsp per person in the tub after use) is acceptable? 🤯 Excuse me while I do a little happy dance... 😂

NO, I still don't like N2 but if someones insists on wasting money on it I will try and put them on the right path. Personally, I think the FROG@ease is slightly better but I do not feel the expense is justified in either case.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...