Air diverter leaking

John1968

Hi there i have an old hot tub . I called a guy out but he was unable to fix problem with this leak. When i put on the air blower i get i slight dripping of water through a open ended pipe. I have manage to put a finger over the end off this pipe and it seems to be pulling air up it. It only leaks when the blower is put on and i open the air diverter.When i put jets on no water comes out of it but when i put the blower on the water starts to drip out of it. I have attached a video to show this. I did look at the rubber in side of air valve and it is split and a little worn but on reading items over the web it says it could be a jet problem. Could any one out there help me with what i need to do to fix this problem. 

Thanks 

Odds are those are air intakes for the air injectors on the jets, which mix air with the water when the jets are on. Some older tubs also plumb the blower to the same jet injectors, which will pressurize what is otherwise a vacuum line and force pressure back to the air control valve. If the air control check valve is faulty it will push air and water back through the air intake pipe. So the little torn, warped rubber flap is the issue.

I have the rubber at top is split as you say. But I noticed a lower rubber from it above the ball that has perished as well. I have tried to find these parts but to no avale. The only one I can find is a waterways one.the rubber gromit on these is a 1 peace item so different to my style. Would this mean I need to change the whole unit out for new one by waterways. Or if it possible could you advise where to but the rubber washers . I have attached a picture of the upper washer but the lower washer is total short and rotten.Again thanks for the help .

image.jpg

39 minutes ago, RDspaguy said:

Air check valve.

If you have knobs that turn on the air to the jets there are some in there too. Just a flat little rubber discs that you can't get by themselves, that I have found.

I have found the rubbber on top that is perished. There is also a lower rubber gromit that is above the ball that has perished. I can only find a waterways control but it only has 1 rubber in it that’s different to mine so do I need to change the whole unit. If not can you advise where I can find these parts as I search for weeks now and to no avale. I have attached picture of top rubber but the lower 1 has perished so I assume this is why water is being drawn up pipe. 
many thanks 

John 

image.jpg

Fun! It looks like that cabinet is piece built, so each shiplap slat is stapled to the frame. You must remove the vertical slats by prying out from the bottom to pull the staple then swing it back and forth to break out the top staple under the spa shoulder. Once the vertical slats are removed you can get to the staples for the horizontal slats. Each slat is probably also glued in place by spray foam or adhesive.

@CanadianSpaTech, anything to add?

• 1 year later...

You ever fix the problem? I’m having the same issue. I just bought a 2007 Watkins C45W and redoing part of the frame. I noticed it leaking right in the middle of the panels, right by the air jet knob. Any tips or tricks would be great appreciated! Thanks

39E8C0BB-63F1-4948-8659-4E6FAB2EE8DB.jpeg

957E3E77-6B81-4536-AC57-37FF630535EB.jpeg

3640A675-3207-4BB9-85FD-B91559733047.jpeg

DC8C8060-4008-4F7F-9A33-7769FA91FFAB.jpeg

D33418AF-A5DB-478D-94A6-BA0964CA6B6E.jpeg