Watkins Grandee model G tripping breaker.

Mudbug

Checked all voltage and ohms at thermistor, relay and board. heater manifold gets to hot to touch then throws no fault switch. Unplugged heater and restarted spa and it didnt trip breaker. Its a 2007 that been running good till now. Also check cir. pump and all looks well there but not getting bubbles. Is there something else I can check before I buy a new heater? And can I get or change thermostat and or element? Thanks in advance.  

If there are no bubbles and the heater gets too hot to touch then you have a flow issue, probably a bad pump. This can cause repeated overheating of the heater which can damage it. I would say you need a circ pump and heater. I would recommend new thermistors as well.

Check voltage to the circulation pump with the heater disconnected and make sure that it is getting power.

18 hours ago, RDspaguy said:

If there are no bubbles and the heater gets too hot to touch then you have a flow issue, probably a bad pump. This can cause repeated overheating of the heater which can damage it. I would say you need a circ pump and heater. I would recommend new thermistors as well.

Check voltage to the circulation pump with the heater disconnected and make sure that it is getting power.

Thx bro. Im getting 118 volts going to pump but i believe you're right. I drained it last night and plan to take pump out today. It sounds as its just humming.