Broken hose to air check valve - Bengal spa - is it needed?

bison

I have a fairly old Tiger River Bengal spa and just noticed a broken hose gushing water.  Turns out it went up to one of the air check valves mounted at the top of the access panel.  While looking for this I noticed that another of the air check valve hoses had broken off the fitting, apparently some time ago.  This makes me wonder if these are necessary - can I just either block them off or leave them hanging?  As the second one has apparently been broken for some time I can't imagine it's terribly important.  Would be a lot easier than installing a new one.

thanks

• bison changed the title to Broken hose to air check valve - Bengal spa - is it needed?

RD - Photo attached.  Part number 70289.  There are about 4 or 5 of these mounted at the top of the inside of the access area.  I think they allow air to enter the jets but won't let water back flow if a jet is blocked.  The leak was caused by one hose breaking off and dropping into the access area, I think it's just draining by gravity rather than under pressure.  I found a second hose that had broken off of another air check valve some time ago but the hose had remained in place so wasn't leaking.

Replacing these is kind of a pain but not impossible. My question is whether it's really needed.  Clearly the one that had broken off before hasn't caused any problem for however long it's been that way.

Thanks

IMG_0822.jpg