Ozonator recommendations

Bill Morse

I have a Marquis Hollywood 350 gallon hot tub. 2 1/2 years old. The ozonator has quit working. It's a bolboa ozone 3. Which as I understand they don't make anymore. From reading on your forum the ozonator has to be match to the injector tube which is blue. Any recommendations on what size or model I should purchase. There is many different models for different size hot tubs. 

Thanks Bill 

New question. I’m about a year into my hot tub chemistry experience. Most of the time when trying to bring up my calcium levels I’m getting excess grit in the bottom. Seems like I add too much but the test strips still say it’s low. I’ve switched brands of test strips. Used liquid calcium, the granular stuff too. Seems like the only time my calcium is close to right, I’m on my way to plugging the filter. The other chemicals seem to be in spec. Any ideas of what’s going on here? Thanks! 

4 hours ago, RDspaguy said:

Huh. When I googled the balboa ozone 3 (O3zone) it brought up a uv ozonator. CD ozonators are usually higher output, so if you already have one your injection system should be fine for another one.

It is deffinately a CD ozonator. It's has been discontinued. They recommend the 59087-KIT. Is that what you would recommend.?? 

Thanks for your help. 

Bill Morse 

1 hour ago, Edwardscizzorhands said:

RDspaguy, thanks for the note. I have a digital ph meter. Says I’m at 7.59. It’s it not a plaster hot tub. Fiberglass or whatever they use now. Everything I see says calcium has to be up. Maybe I’m just overthinking it. I’ll look for a better testing process. Thanks!

Start your own thread, but first read through some of the threads in the spa water chemistry section.