Hot Springs Random No Heat - Help

n-mod

My 05 Hot Springs Jetsetter has been working good for 2 weeks. Then it started randomly not heating. My Heat LED is on, relays click, but don't have continuity across them. I tried replacing the heater relay board (with a used tested good board), but same results. Then I tried replacing the mainboard with a untested spare I had. Same results. I replaced both thermistors. Nothing is helping. I tried in both 120v and 240v modes. My heat is dropping (80F right now). I'm not sure if it's still heating at all anymore. Any ideas?

• 2 months later...

I too have the issue of the heater not working with LED light on. I have replaced the heater, no help. I’m considering replacing the heater board. It sounds like this might be a crap shoot, did you have any success?  Can you suggest a particular place to buy the board with the better relays etc?  Any troubleshooting tips you might care to pass along?

thank you!

david

I was able to get mine to work. The used board sold to me had bad relays. I soldered on new relays and have been good since. Have you checked if you are getting voltage on the heater terminals? I'd guess most likely your heater board. Do the relays click when calling for heat?

I have now checked for voltage at the heater connection and have no voltage. As RDspaguy has deduced I’ve bought a heater I probably didn’t need. Obviously I’d like to avoid throwing good money after bad, but I feel I’m close to solving this....I’d replace the relays myself if I knew where to find them. Can you suggest a source for these?

thanks!

david

If you have a multimeter I'd suggest testing to make sure the relays are bad. You can check to make sure they are getting voltage when calling for heat either 12v or 18v. If so, check for continuity. My relay contacts melted down so continuity was poor. I do have a spare bulletproof relay kit I could sell you. I know the guy on ebay has been really struggling to stock the relays since covid hit, however I'd test the relays before trying to replace them.

• Like 1