Quality Brands Of Hot Tubs

hoopy

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone heard of Pacific or H2O, both made in Surrey, BC? If so, what do you think? I'm in the market and these 2 brands are popular here, as well as Hot Springs, Arctic and jacuzzi. I'm just trying to narrow down the field.

I went to the H2o web site, out of curiosity, interesting concept of insulating the spa with a removable " mineral wool" I'd stay away from anything stuffed with a sheep.

Sorry, didn't realize tha you covered Pacific and H2O spas before, so anyway, what was the verdict? Good, bad...? And yes, it does seem kinda weird using mineral wool as an insulation....(Oh Gawd, not a new twist on the old TP v.s. FF debate!!!!)

Mineral wool is insane. lol Would that catch on fire?

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, and metal won't catch on fire.

Thats for sure. The only good thing about the Coleman and any other tubs that used wood back in the day and even today is using the wood from the tubs we halled away after they rotted out, for my fireplace and it made me warm and was quite romantic I must say.

Thats for sure. The only good thing about the Coleman and any other tubs that used wood back in the day and even today is using the wood from the tubs we halled away after they rotted out, for my fireplace and it made me warm and was quite romantic I must say.

Now I have a mental picture of brulan getting romantic in front of a pile of burning old hot tubs, please make it go away.

They probably rotted because they were a bunch of leaker spas. If you have a well made spa you won't have all the leaks and poor heat retention you've been discussing that you've seen in your previously sold spas. :D

Thin Galvinized steel throws off a bunch of really cool colors when it burns. But the smoke will kill ya. Or make ya steril one of the 2 I can't remember

They probably rotted because they were a bunch of leaker spas. If you have a well made spa you won't have all the leaks and poor heat retention you've been discussing that you've seen in your previously sold spas. :D

If they were leaking it was probably because there was some foam touching the plumbing. I hear that makes pvc brittle. ^_^

• 2 years later...

:( Why is everyone so mean to Jim the Jim? What has he ever done to you guys? I think he is a kind, good natured human being who will take the short end of the stick if it comes to it. After all, look at his picture and tell me he's not the most honest looking guy you could buy a hot tub from. Here's to you hot tub selling Jim. Sell your Havens and grab a cold one. :rolleyes:

What I have discovered is that their are a lot of really mean, nasty, people on message forums. I don't find the same people in the spa industry that I know. Most of the guys in Denver are really good people who work hard for a living. I think that discussing spa engineering has ill effects on people in the industry. Anything that is progressive or uses real thought or any concern or care on a personal level for educating consumers is considered just bad by these guys. Sometimes I actually feel sorry for them, as right now.

How shallow is it to attack another man's character over a discussion of hot tubs. You will never read any real discussion on spa design from them, only an attack on anyone who differ's from their pet beliefs.

This is my last day on this board.

Yes, you are an arrogant, self righteous, narcissistic, egomaniac and a pathological lier. You keep using "God" as a lever to advance your purely "Secular" interests of squeezing money out of the unsuspecting, scientifically lay public. Yet you do not display the shame, guilt, or remorse of someone who is a true "Person of God." I would allege that you fit the profile of someone with "Antisocial Personality Disorder" aka a "Sociopath." I am not a psychiatrist or a psychologist, nor, unlike some people, do I pretend to be either one. The point being, it does not take rocket science skills to see that you have some deep seated problems that you have yet to address, and, sadly, you may never get in touch with and seek help for. Apparently, psychotherapy is the only hope for a Sociopath. All the references, I could find, consistently agree on the inability of science to find, so far, a medication or medications for the treatment of "Antisocial Personality Disorder." The majority of Sociopaths never seek psychotherapeutic help, because their arrogance, narcissism, and egomania prevents them from ever seeing a need for this. It is the old: "I am okay!" "Everyone else is NOT okay!" attitude [delusion] that helps justify, in their alleged minds, "performing evil acts against others." Jimmy seems to use "By the authority of the Word of God," as one of his main justifications for his evil deeds. His trespass and deception is indefensible.

Edited by JonJon

:( Why is everyone so mean to Jim the Jim? What has he ever done to you guys? I think he is a kind, good natured human being who will take the short end of the stick if it comes to it. After all, look at his picture and tell me he's not the most honest looking guy you could buy a hot tub from. Here's to you hot tub selling Jim. Sell your Havens and grab a cold one. :rolleyes:

What I have discovered is that their are a lot of really mean, nasty, people on message forums. I don't find the same people in the spa industry that I know. Most of the guys in Denver are really good people who work hard for a living. I think that discussing spa engineering has ill effects on people in the industry. Anything that is progressive or uses real thought or any concern or care on a personal level for educating consumers is considered just bad by these guys. Sometimes I actually feel sorry for them, as right now.

How shallow is it to attack another man's character over a discussion of hot tubs. You will never read any real discussion on spa design from them, only an attack on anyone who differ's from their pet beliefs.

This is my last day on this board.

Yes, you are an arrogant, self righteous, narcissistic, egomaniac and a pathological lier. You keep using "God" as a lever to advance your purely "Secular" interests of squeezing money out of the unsuspecting, scientifically lay public. Yet you do not display the shame, guilt, or remorse of someone who is a true "Person of God." I would allege that you fit the profile of someone with "Antisocial Personality Disorder" aka a "Sociopath." I am not a psychiatrist or a psychologist, nor, unlike some people, do I pretend to be either one. The point being, it does not take rocket science skills to see that you have some deep seated problems that you have yet to address, and, sadly, you may never get in touch with and seek help for. Apparently, psychotherapy is the only hope for a Sociopath. All the references, I could find, consistently agree on the inability of science to find, so far, a medication or medications for the treatment of "Antisocial Personality Disorder." The majority of Sociopaths never seek psychotherapeutic help, because their arrogance, narcissism, and egomania prevents them from ever seeing a need for this. It is the old "I am OK, you are all not OK" attitude that keeps them "keeping on."

F**king Oncore

• 4 years later...
QUOTE(thestallion @ Nov 24 2005, 11:49 AM) 2892[/snapback]

Both are highly respected and each will have their own fans. I do personally like one more than the other but both again are among the very best and at the top for all around spas. Build quality, support, service,therapy, etc. As for haggling each dealer does things differently. It is such a fine line to walk because most people say they want a straight forward no nonsense price but in the end MOST EVERYONE wants to deal or feel like they got something special. So just ask your dealer is this the best you can do, just be straight with them and I think most will do the same with you.

That's the way I handled my deal. I told the owner of the dealership that I don't haggle. He should give me his best price up front because if he can counter offers with lower prices, he could have done it to begin with. He totally agreed. he gave me his price for the package, plus gave me a $200 discount, plus an additional $200 discount for paying cash. I'm pleased with the price we paid.