Blue whale spa leaks

Ken tubs

If I am understanding you correctly, it spits water out of the air control valve when you turn your jets off? And only when the water level is high? Does it leak for only a few seconds after the jets are off, or does it continue to drain the spa down?

The air injection system operates by drawing air in through a venturi at each jet. The small hoses that come off of that manifold go to each jet. When the jets are on the water movement creates a vacuum on the air hoses which pulls air into the water. When the jets turn off, this vacuum is released and water flows back up the hoses. This water gains momentum, which causes it to "hit" the valve and raise the water inside of the valve higher than that in the tub. This is mitigated by a small rubber flap inside the valve that is very prone to failure, and once it fails this is the result. 

If the water level is too high it will leak from this valve any time the jets are off, until the siphon is released when a jet on that line is exposed to air.

Closing the air valve before turning off the jets should help. If not, you will have to replace the air control or just keep the water level lower.

• Like 1

Hi thanks for the reply RDspaguy.

It does make sense in what you are saying the only way I can stop water from leaking out the the air control valve is to turn the valve off before switching the jets off .I am having the same issue on all three air valve controls. I don't get any leaks when nobody is in it and have filled the water to the correct level what the manufacturer says.would it make a difference if the air valve is turned on even when  the jets aren't on and is  somehow syphoning into the air chamber.