Jacuzzi J325 no dispaly lighs

Larry W Canepa

Ok I have a Jacuzzi J325 my top side control pad has display thought the LED color changing lights are working from the top side control pad  just tiring to decide weather to switch the topside panel or the mother board it had tripped the GIF a couple time in the passed. not much more its been a good spa. would like to know if there are any further test i can do to zero in on the bad part.

Thank you for any help

Larry

Mildly confused by your post... So you have display on the topside but the lights are or are not working? What year is the spa?

Jacuzzi uses a LED light controller https://www.hottubsupplystore.com/dcu-light-control/ in many model years. There is a fuse inside this controller that might have failed but the controller is prone to burnt relays. Look on the backside of the controller for a burnt area. There are 5 screws on the back of the controller one on each corner and also one under a sticker in the center of the controller. Make sure to mark the locations of the light ribbon tape where they attach to the controller to ensure they go back into the same locations.

• Like 1

Good Morning and thank you for your reply sorry I did not explain properly Year 05/14/14 what is going on is the spa dose not turn on and or no display light up with the exception of the lighting system is working fine it like the power is turned off to the spa except this lighting system. The photo is with the power on and the two lower left lighting buttons function and lighting control

Larry

top panel .jpg

light control.jpg

I did disconnected the top panel ribbon wire from the main board  and turn power on nothing form the motor, this is a one pump spa. The wire in the picture is a temp wire for power wile diagnosing we are redoing its location and yes it had stopped working before we moved it.  Note I have the heater disconnected due to this is a 30amp wire for testing only.

main board.jpg

diagram.jpg

Test the transformer and make sure you have adequate power to the board in and out. See attached: https://clearcreekspas.com/diagnosticsTransformerTest.html

Also this manual might come in handy. It's an older manual but might have the information you need. See pages starting at 45 up to 57. 57 has Jacuzzi transformer testing information http://jacuzzipartners.com/knowledgelibrary/assets/pdf/681.pdf 

Let us know results

• 4 weeks later...

Thank you for all your help I replaced the main board, and it is all working fine. Once I got the board out of there, I found smaller burn spot on the board its real small and was hard to see but now that I know where it is it is easy to see if you look at the picture of the board very top and center once more thank you CanadianSpaTech you were patient and helpful.

Larry (San Diego CA) enjoying our hot tub again.