What type of foam to add to cabinet?

mscdman

If you can find wrapped insulation that is basically a fiberglass batt in a bag you can cut pieces to fit vertically inside the cabinet amd use packaging tape to seal off the ends.  Not gonna make a huge difference but it helps. Biggest heat loss is vertical evaporation, a proper fitting good cover is most important.  Full length seam stopper is worth it when replacing cover as is wrapped foam

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, RDspaguy said:

I would not recommend it. You are unlikely to see any noticeable difference, but full foam can create it's own troubles. And closed cell, meaning water resistant, can turn the smallest leak into a $2k repair bill.

So you’d recommend leaving my tub as partially foamed as it comes from the factory?   It currently has about 3/4 filled open cell.....

was concerned about heat loss from cabinet in the colder denver CO winter

I would. Full foam is a great selling point, it gives the salesman something to talk about, but I have removed most of the foam from lots of tubs during leak repairs and do not replace it. No customer, in 25 years, has ever said a word about any issues resulting from it. And I have lived and worked in Boulder/Longmont and Tahoe.

I sometimes will cut foam board insulation to fit between the framing under the side panels if I feel it's warranted or the customer insists on insulation. But as @jimmythegreeksaid, most of your heat loss is out of the top.

• Thanks 1

Just wanted to say hot tub was delivered today.   Haven’t yet got off alL the sides because I need a square bit but from what I CAN see, it looks fairly well insulated.  No full foam but doesn’t look particularly skimpy either.  

I may still add a small bat insulation and touch up those areas up top that are empty of foam with some spray foam from home depot

BA1D77EA-117D-44BC-AF93-6C6DFF4C9F82.jpeg

FE8D3BDD-F8F5-449E-8B30-A8D0A8CA79BE.jpeg