Hot tub water balance a constant issue!

klhPerry

I have been filling my little spa for about 6 years now, using bromine and city water. FOR THE LIFE OF ME, I cannot get the water stabilized (according to Nitro's approach 11/08), EVER. Nitro states that the CH level will be used to determine TA/pH levels, and that the trick is to get the TA high enough not to create an unstable situation, and low enough not to allow pH to rise too much. All that he says makes perfect sense, but it's not my reality!

Waterbear, I always use your "Bromine Done Right" on fresh fills. Just filled a few days ago, and as it stands, my readings (with Taylor products) are CH 300, TA 80, Bromine 9 and pH OFF THE CHART! I tested the water before I began: CA 300, TA 90, pH 7.4. Added bromine and shocked. Next day the bromine was 3.5 and pH was off the chart. Had to wait for ProTeam tabs to arrive, so I added 2 to the filter and the next day the sanitizer level was 15 so I aerated to bring it down to 10.

With all of this work and no success, I am wondering if my CH is too high in the first place? The only thing I've seen on the forum is to "make a note of it" if it's higher than 150. Sure would appreciate some help. Thanks!

@RDspaguy okay, okay I'm a @waterbear fan. He pretty much got me out of some "hot water" when I began tubbing! lol IF YOU WOULD LIKE to give me some input on my post, I'd love to hear it. I think Waterbear is won't be able to get back to me until after he's through with report cards. 🙂