Recommended Optimal Filtration/Clean Settings

mscdman

Hello my new hot tub is getting delivered next week! One question that I wanted to ask was what should I be changing the factory default filtration setting of two times per day at two hours per day of filtration plus one clean cycle? I’m looking to have optimal electricity saving while still having the hot tub be properly cleaned. Is there any recommendations assuming I have the ability to change the default settings?

what all do you do to save on electrical use in the winter?  It’s going to be outside in a shaded area so can be cold in the winter in denver. 

18 minutes ago, RDspaguy said:

What brand? Does it have a 24/7 circulation pump? 2/2 filtration is the norm, and what I would recommend.

Your greatest electrical usage is in getting it hot, it doesn't use much to maintain.

It’s a 200 gallon 3 person marquis vector V65.  It has 2/2 but I don’t know if it’s a 24 circ pump.  I will ask tomorrow. 

im last minute panicking about the electrical use.  The guide says 13.77 a month but that’s for 70 degree ambient temp so I know that’s BS for denver and is a sales pitch.  I’m in denver and it’s in a shaded spot.  Winters average 30 degrees (ish). KWH 12cents.  Probably use it 3 days a week for about 30 minutes each

I’m reading horror stories about $100 a month in winter and that’s not going to work for me and I’d rather cancel

I’m now wondering if I should try using this “rest” mode as my default.  Sounds like it may help with energy usage?

——

running the unit in “Ready” mode will ensure the spa is at full temperature and ready for use at any time. Running the unit in “Rest” mode will only allow the spa to heat during a scheduled filtration cycle.

——-

would you advise using this “rest mode”.  Is it the equivalent of an “eco” mode?