2011 HotSpring Prodigy - Control Panel not working

JWDWSPA

Hi new to this forum.

Last week i replaced the leaking circ pump , refilled tub and powered on.  Pump works fine and doesn't leak anymore ....however nothing else does.

Control panel looks to be not working...screen trying to display over time but nothing works on buttons...thought it was locked but the unlock procedure doesn't seem top make a difference either.

Panel display was looking a little ropey before hand...not sure if its damp inside or note.

Searching on the internet looks like the panel can't be obtained anymore....any suggestions....i dont really want to get rid of of a perfectly good spa because of this.

Got a call in to a local repair guy but he hasn't come back to me yet.  

Got led lights on circuit board...front logo flashing as expected....screen after time comes up with filter block check message, telling me to repower the spa. 4 buttons light up eventually but still dont work.

Repower then screen blank/none legible ...

wonder if there is an alternative top control panel that can be fitted, or take this one off and try and dry it.   

Can anybody give me advice please.

IMG_20201205_140506570_HDR.jpg

That control panel is obsolete so you're only options are to find new old stock or a used one.  If unsuccessful then you would have to upgrade to the current version of electronics which would probably set you back about $1,000 for the parts alone.  Are you able to turn the jets on or light on using the auxiliary control panel?  Did the hot tub heat up to temp?

• Like 3

HI thanks for the responses. Tub doesn't light up or heat...just the circ pump running.

Spoke to none franchised  repair service guy local to us and he also concluded that it would need upgrade but he wouldn't be able to get the parts (watkins wont sell to him) so recommended hot spring franchised repairer service agent just in case there are any issues with fitting the new circuit board and controller etc. 

Spoke to franchised repairer and they reckon on £1k plus labour to fix/upgrade.  They also said i might have an airlock so they emailled me a procedure just to see if i can get it going albeit it still needs a fix.

The screen  on the controller sort of half comes to life if left powered on long enough with an error about filter bloked and power off and on again. When i do that the screen is blank again...  

Prob go for upgrade as i dont want to scrap it and a replacement is far more outlay. So dont have much choice.