Taylor K-2006 Chlorine Test Question

rmcderm313

Hi All,

Been using test strips and just got my Taylor K-2006 after following a bunch of threads on here.  Quick question, when I'm doing a FAS-DPD chlorine test, swirling after each drop, my sample goes clear while swirling, but if I let it sit, it goes pink again.  Does this mean I haven't reached my end-point? or should I keep going until it stays clear even after sitting?  I've only tried a few times but I once added 3 drops after it went clear and it still reverted to a light shade of pink. I have read the whole manual and saw the bullet about swirling to make sure the change is permanent, but it doesn't really clarify the reverting question.

This might sound like a silly question, but how pink does pink need to be?  When I look down from the top of the tube, I continue to see a pink hue, but when looking straight on through the window it looks clear.  Should I keep going until it's 'crystal' clear with no hue?

Any guidance appreciated.

Thanks,

Rob