HotSpring Jetsetter light cap broken under moto massage

Kris Flick

Hi! A couple days ago we noticed these three small bits floating in the hot tub. (I attached a bunch of pictures) We did some investigating and it looks as though the light cap just under the moto massage has broken. I think it was a clean break because the top and the threading barrel fits together perfectly (I was thinking about using gorilla glue to repair it?)

We’ve been trying to track down the parts (found 2 online that look similar) and find a reliable vendor to replace it. Unfortunately we are just out of warranty and the local spa repairman wants to send a bunch a people out to flip our tub on it’s side and replace it for $300-I’m feeling a bit uncomfortable about that and it seems excessive -considering I was able to access and find the location without all that labor. I think we can replace this ourselves and just order the light cap and screw it in? Any advice and suggestions would be greatly appreciated -thanks so much!

112BF3C0-B24F-4115-9CE4-13400F65E503.jpeg

878E245C-EA52-4A01-B35A-BDE2AD57C093.jpeg

DC1AAF55-70BC-4117-9770-DD4DDB2363ED.jpeg

7BBC80B3-9D73-43D1-96C1-48E986E13AEB.jpeg

7ABFA11D-6EEE-4034-B238-A5B04802799B.png

B26B5CD2-E4A4-49F2-B768-DB276449F80B.png

18 hours ago, Kris Flick said:

Unfortunately we are just out of warranty and the local spa repairman wants to send a bunch a people out to flip our tub on it’s side and replace it for $300-I’m feeling a bit uncomfortable about that and it seems excessive -considering I was able to access and find the location without all that labor

Did you call your local Hotspring dealer tech? Or is this a general Hottub repair technician?

Because this literally happened on my 2019 Hotspring Jetsetter two months ago.  Long story short - this part is sometimes over-tightened in the factory during construction and it may eventually crack as what you see (or on mine it happened 10 months after delivery)

Since my jetsetter is still fully under warranty my Hotspring dealer came out to replace the lenses. All I had to do was drain the hottub.  The tech literally removed the motomassager front plate and popped in a fresh lens cap in a matter of seconds (he did it so fast I couldn't even see which components he unscrewed and such).   Since my dealer's techs are thorough and he had a feeling the bottom lens was also cracking so he checked. Sure enough it was over-tightened and you could see the cracks forming. Luckily he had a spare on the truck to replace it (top notch service from my awesome dealer, as expected)

There was absolutely zero need to flip over the tub and replace anything from the bottom of the tub.  The only thing you need to do is drain the tub and turn off electricity before starting repairs.  The fact that the tech you called thinks you need to access the bottom of the tub tells me they probably don't know these modern Hotspring Highlife models too well.

I think you might not have the correct part number that you're looking for, but maybe I'm wrong - Hotspring doesn't make it easy to find spare parts if you're not an authorized tech.   @castletonia do you happen to know the part number for a replacement Motomassger DX unit Lens Cover?

If you have a Hotspring dealer nearby I would consider calling them and ask what it would cost for them to come out and swap out the lens caps - a call out fee shouldn't be more than $100 or so and since you've already done the diagnostic the hard part is over. It's a super easy fix if you know what you're doing (which my tech clearly did - he was in and out in less than 30 minutes).  Or maybe the lens itself is a cheap easy replacement. It certainly should not be a $300 repair

• Like 1