4kw/6kw heater efficiency

I decided not to winterize the tub amd instead did an ahhsome purge amd full cleaning Saturday as we had 50s in NJ. Cleaned the mazzei and piping as ozone bubbles were weak and I had higher residual chlorine so its dieing,  ordered a new ozone setup.    My limelight flair developed a drip as I was draining on the heater end caps. I decided to refill anyway amd see what happens while looking for repair kit or new heater.  The slow drip eventually stopped when water heated fully the next morning but noticed I have a 4kw heater. I have the paperwork and it was replaced in 2016.  I did see that a 6kw heater is also avail and some spas came with 4kw OEM and then some repairs went to a 4kw to take the load off aging 30amp breakers in the hot springs 50amp dual setup. Anyway  I'm gonna order a heater to have on hand in case it dies in middle of winter.  Any reason to stay 4kw or reason to go to 6kw? My breakers and install are new.  

Thanks

The ozonator itself has no effect on the amount if bubbles. It can be completely dead and still have lots of bubbles. The mazzei valve draws more air (or ozone) the faster the water moves through it. You are likely in need of filters, circ pump, or maybe an ozone check valve.

Post a pic of your circuit board and wiring diagram.

I just checked and castleonia is right the 20 is the heater. I didn't think it thru as both pumps running wouldnt hold on the 20 breaker which makes sense. Looked up specs and it came with 4kw from factory 

RDspaguy i had some white gunk in there and the fine bubbles got larger after cleaning. I soaked it all in vinegar its clean now. Ozonator is years old and water tests tell me I have residual chlorine that wasnt there in the past. Got a new setup ordered with all new.  Tub owes me nothing dont mind giving it some love

• Like 1