Dealer refurbished hot tub dilemma

v-twinfant

Opinions/advice respectfully requested from dealers, spa technicians please!

I just wet tested a D1 Triad, that had been rebuilt-restored to US-specs, after it was mistakenly shipped from factory with European-spec internals. The dealer explained the odd error, offering immediate wet test of a base model Triad ...and deferred test of sequencer-equipped Triad, once they could install the US-spec internals, D1 would be shipping.  Testing went well: The additional half horsepower in the sequencer pump generated noticeably more thrust, which I value.

The dilemma: I like the product and the dealership, but some uncertainty has slowed my enthusiasm on this rebuilt unit. I’m hesitant to pull the trigger without some guidance or reassurance. What would be the definition of the product’s condition under the unusual circumstances?  Are the product condition definitions that eBay requires resellers to use, applicable here?  (New, *New{conditions apply}, Refurbished by manufacturer, Refurbished by dealer, Used). If applicable, which definition would D1 use, and what would be the effect on warranty coverage?  Would ordering new and accepting the 6 month delay, be the better option?

I like the family owned/operated dealership, despite 90 minutes away, their integrity and prompt follow-up is reassuring. My first offer was countered with $11K OTD delivered with cover, lifter & steps. Thanks in advance for your counsel!

I have no clue about ebay listings, and I am certain D1 doesn't care at all. 

An export model simply has different electrical components (240v only, 50hz) but is otherwise the same. Swapping out equipment is no big deal. The question is manufacturers warranty, and whether D1 will still cover it with the changes. Being done by a D1 dealer, I suspect that they will, but ask the dealer to be sure.

I am not a fan of sequencers. They are prone to failures and are nearly impossible to winterize.

• Like 1

It could have been an honest mistake. At least they are being upfront about it. They could have easily swapped out the equipment and you would never know the difference. Never been a fan of D1 but if it is what you want and they are going to Full Warranty it... go for it.