Swim SPA GECKO

Francois

Hello all

I have a new swim spa 3 week ago.

The issue is that the fuse F2 fails when we start all the pump. The fails is not not all the time.

The configuration of the SPA is :
GECKO in-ye-5 as control panel (pack)
We have : 3 pumps + 1 circ Pump + 1 UV lamp.
The model of the pump is série XP2e
The fuse on the control panel is :
- The fuse F1 (30Amp) connects  Pump 1 only
- The fuse F2 (20Amp) connect Cir.Pump (0,65A) + Pump3 (15A) + UV lamp (1 A)
- The fuse F3 (30Amp) connects the pump2 only

Detail of issue:
Sometimes , when we start all the pump P1, P2 P3
The fusie F2 fails and I have to change it .
Only the F2 fuse burn on the control panel

The breaker of the electrical house is correct.
We already  have 3 fails with this fuse F2 in three weeks.

The provider of the swim PA has already replaced the pack , the circular pump and UV lamp.
Today they changed the pump3.

Do you know where is the issue ?
Did you have the same issue with GECKO ?

Thank you

fuse setup sounds right but it's odd that they have replaced everything associated with that fuse including the pack. I would be contacting Gecko Support directly. The only thing I can think is a check valve leak on the ozone. You replace the ozone unit...it leaks again and takes out the new replaced ozone unit.

Disconnect the ozone and see if it holds.

• Like 1

Hello

Thank you for your helps . It appreciates

@RDspaguy  @CanadianSpaTech

Sorry for misunderstanding , I specify as below
It burned again after replacing two elements
- UV lamp (including power supply )
- Pack including heat

And yesterday we changed the last one in relation with fuse F2  the Pump3 and we are waiting .
We don’t have the F2 failed with the last change.

Question : And it only blows the fuse when all of the pumps are on ?
Question : How long are the pumps on before it blows?

Answer => It happens when we started P1 and P2 and finally P3 but not all the time. And we don’t know if the fails it’s in relation with P3 only.
For example when I test :
I started P1 (speed2) , P2 (Speed2) , P3 ( only one speed) many time  (10 times)  but F2 didn't failed
And sometimes when we did the same things the F2 burned.

Is it possible that it comes from my electrical installation ?
No breaker is trigged .
My electrician told me not.
He has verified two times the installation and for him , it’s okay.
- External Electric Panel for Spa (gfci breaker 60 Amp)
- House Electric Panel for Spa ( breaker 60 Amp)

"The only thing I can think is a check valve leak on the ozone"
I don’t where is the ozone and valve .

I am going to search the ozone module

As attached one picture.

Thank you

IMG_20201111_162832.jpg

SPA (1)(1).pdf

You don't have ozone, you have uv. And the bulb sits inside a glass tube with water all around. Any leak in the tube or o-rings could cause intermittent tripping.

But a sticking centrifugal switch in the pump 3 could also be the cause. See what it does with that new pump.

It does seem that the service guy is guessing and throwing parts at it. I guess that's fine under warranty, at least for you, but I'm betting his boss is not happy, or won't be when his warranty claim gets denied.😉

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0356/0277/files/Wiring-YE5-UL_15786-01A-G.pdf?13781580254337945822

Look at the Warning Section on the left. Max Current  F2 says 15A

Again I would be calling Gecko Tech support. They are very helpful. 1 800 784 3256. They are located in Quebec and speak French if easier.

Not much insulation...going to cost a fortune to run if you are in Canada. Where are you located?

What brand spa is it? Hope it's not a Vortex

Hello

Yes it’s under warranty.
It’ a new product and I had 3 weeks ago :(

I am close to Montreal  (QC)  . I am going to call this line

It’s very strange because on the scheme we can see
F2 : 20 Am (600VAC)
F3 : 30 Am (600VAC)
F1 : 30 Am (600VAC)

And other hand , we have this informations:

MAX. CURRENT PER FUSE/COURANT MAX. PAR FUSIBLE(@50∞C)
F2 : 15A MAX
F3 : 24A MAX
F1 : 20A MAX

And the provider told me that this configuration is deployed on many SPA vortex in Canada

Thank you for all information

Yes. I have had some issues in dealing with them in the past and getting paid for my work. I think they have new management so perhaps they will do better by you if that's what you have. I would be adding some insulation to keep the cost down in our Canadian winter.

Hello

@CanadianSpaTech

Indeed it a new management for Quebec ( or maybe for all Canada)
Indeed, it's frustrating to have a new product that has blown fuses.
However, the company providing the vortex SPAs has been receptive to our calls and it supports all cost (warrantly).

For the insulation, I checked in the SPA and I saw the foam ( 1 inch and sometimes 2 inch) and aluminum all around the SPA ( picture attached)
Do you think is not enough for Quebec ? What do you recommend ?

Thank you

IMG_20201130_093455.jpg

Hmmm...🤔 I can't see any of this 1-2" thick foam. I just see the foil and bubble wrap thermal barrier. Is the foam outside of that?

I'm not sure I'd give it a winter, even in Missouri. Get something in there, even if it's just plain old pink fiberglass. Unless maybe electricity is really cheap up there...😉

@RDspaguy It has perimeter insulation. It's kinda neat stuff. It's a heavy wool type insulation with a cross stitched reflective backing. It's pretty heavy weight wise and can't be cheap. They are made in Australia and China and shipped without equipment and the Canadian dealer installs Gecko components (both in Quebec). Check out the website and get a look at the Icon spa....never seen anything like it before. Prices in CDN $$ on the website. The swim spas are actually reasonably priced. https://vortexspas.ca/

https://vortexspas.ca/products/vortex-palladium-10-person-hot-tub   ... looks like they offer several different insulation options and for Canada cold I would have upgraded to the "Dual Layer insulation with Arctic Pack".

Some old reviews that I think they are having trouble shaking. Not sure if "Ryan" is still running it but he is the one that was full of excuses when I was trying to get paid for work I had done. Now admittedly 6 years later the "new" management contacted me after I voiced my displeasure with them here on this forum and actually sent me a chq for most of what was owed so perhaps things have changed.  

• Like 1