2003 Marquis Reward Questions

shaklee3

, I have a 2003 Marquis Reward that's still in decent shape. It had a leak in the heater element, so I replaced that and that particular leak went away. I've got some general questions about an old tub like this:

1) The cover is pretty worn and has holes in it. I contacted my local Marquis dealer and they said they don't sell covers for products out of warranty. Does anyone know if those online custom cover companies are worthwhile? It seems to be about $350 for a new one that's 84x84 with 17" corners.

2) There's still a small leak where a tiny bit of water continuously comes out from somewhere. It's such a small leak that I'm not concerned about the water level. Is there any other reason to be concerned? I was thinking of just trying one of those liquid leak fix products next time I drain it since I don't have much to lose.

3) The ozonator bulb is out, and it seems this Ozonator part number is not available online (650-0525). I saw other threads on here about replacing it with a different part 

Should I bother with it at this point or just run the chloride level a bit higher (1-3ppm)?

Thanks!

1) The moisture barrier is worth the extra cost. Higher density and/ or thicker foam will also lengthen cover life.

2) Most leaks are in the equipment area. Check it thoroughly. O-rings/ gaskets, pump seals, drain plugs, etc. If not in there, check diverter valves and drains. Poor fitting covers can drip as well, leaving constant moisture around the spa. 

Long term leaks destroy wooden framework and, ultimately, the whole spa. 

3) If you understand that ozone is an oxidizer that will eliminate chlorine from your spa, not a sanitizer that let's you do without chlorine, and you like a low chlorine level when using your spa then replace it. Many people misunderstand and fight the ozone by trying to keep a residual. It doesn't work like that.

• Like 2