Tiger river Caspian temp says 102 water is cold

blinky

14 minutes ago, blinky said:

Heater and circulating pump replaced in 2018.  Tub is not heating now but temp says 102.

Did some voltage checks and ohms on high limit and temp were both about 22k ohms.  What provides water temp to control panel?

Any ideas where to go from here?

attachments (14).zip 386.73 kB · 0 downloads attachments (14).zip 386.73 kB · 0 downloads

Ready light is flashing.

Remove filters. 

10 hours ago, blinky said:

both about 22k ohms.

You have to be precise, a difference of a few hundred ohms can read as a faulty thermistor. Did you get new thermistors with the heater?

Are you getting a big stream of tiny bubbles from the heat return? I know, that's kinda vague, but you should remember how it looked with the new circ pump. Is it still the same?

Dealer did the heater and the circulation pump. Invoice just says heater assembly,  circulation pump and bullet check valve.   Flow seems really good.  I will have another look at it  Flow sensor is not being used.  Wires at the board have been wire nutted together.  I will check the readings again.  Thank you.

Left the filter out.  filter is new.  Took readings again,  200k scale.  Inlet 22.4  outlet 22.2  water temp 41 f. with circulation pump running.    I had 14.9 ohms on the heater.    everything seems to work just no heat.   The heat on  LED  never lights up. 

I think is just a shadow.  The tub is sunk in a deck and not easy to get at.  I looked the board over closely with a flashlight and blew up my pictures and didn't see anything.  I ordered a pair of thermistors.  I guess I will start there.  Temperature is dropping.  If I can't get it going Ill have to drain it soon.  

• 2 weeks later...

Ended up retrofitting the IQ2020 with the IQ2020 Eagle 76836, control head with 76845 and LED light with 74930.   It was an in the deck install with a 2x6 across the upper part of the service area.   Everything worked on the tub but no heat.  Original topside control was pretty beat up.  After I removed the old IQ2020 I was able to give a good look and saw this. 

IMG_2871.jpg

IMG_2872.jpg

• Like 1