Jacuzzi J400 electronic thermosat logic location?

PreservedSwine

Does anyone know if this logic is located on the main PCB, or the topside?

The temp sensors are fine, but the electronic t-stat is not interpreting the resistance from the senor (main temp) correctly.  It reads the temp increasing as soon as the spa is powered up, until it gets to the 120's, and gives an OH code, in a matter of second.  (heater is not energizing)

Any help appreciated.

Thank you!

On 11/19/2020 at 10:07 AM, PreservedSwine said:

heater is not energizing

You're sure? 

On 11/19/2020 at 10:07 AM, PreservedSwine said:

The temp sensors are fine,

Post the resistance readings on both. Your ohm meter should be set to 20k if adjustable. Resistance should be fluctuating a bit but hover around the same number, a steady decrease or increase is a faulty sensor. I recommend replacing both at the same time.

Transformer issues can also cause this. 

20201125_092312.thumb.jpg.6088ec458cd641f51c1258bbd6386b3d.jpg

Welcome back. I've run across your name in quite a few threads. Sorry I missed your first post in this thread, my internet (lousy at best) was down for a bit. Hope this helps. Let me know.

• Like 1

I was able to stop by, the transformer tested within range.  I thought I had found the issue, it appeared the thermistor (control) was slightly loose in the harness.  After re-inserting the box ends of the thermistor back into the harness connector, it all worked well. 

Until the next day, when it started doing the same thing.