Sundance Marin 880 resetting GFCI after a few minutes of operation.

Schleprock

I've got a 2019 Sundance Marin 880 that's tripping GFCI after about 5 minutes of operation after powerup.

Image of the associated error message is below.

Recently replaced a temperature sensor that was reading wrong, and causing OverHeat errors.  That replacement went well, and the sensor reads accurately to the panel display now.

Suspecting that this may not be the heater, as the GFCI trip occurs after a few minutes of normal heater operation.

Any suggestions?

20201118_081815.jpg

Remove the filters until the issue is fixed. Dirty filters can slow the flow of water through the heater causing the water to boil or over heat in seconds.

Could be flow related is the circ pump running do you see water moving in the foot well? 

6 hours ago, Schleprock said:

GFCI trip occurs after a few minutes of normal heater operation.

Disconnect the heater from the board. It usually takes a few minutes after power up for the heater to test fire. If the heater is bad then that is when the breaker will trip. Test the heater for continuity. 

Check all pumps for seal leaks. If you have a leaking pump seal...the pump starts up and might run for a few minutes and then sucks water into the pump/motor housing and then trips the breaker.

• 11 months later...
On 10/25/2021 at 12:31 PM, Chevelleskick said:

I am getting desperate lol. I had a hot tub technician come out and tell me it was just my temp sensor and it clearly was not $250 down the drain

First, start your own thread and describe your situation. Include pics of equipment area, cir uit board, and wiring diagram.

Second, if you paid for a repair and it didn't fix it, call them back. Any ethical business will not charge for a return trip under those circumstances, and should refund at least part of the initial charges, though they will likely charge for whatever it does turn out to be.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...