Saluspa leaking from drain plug(I think)

Joshtheangry

So for as long as I've owned these I've accepted they're rentals since best way doesn't honor warranty claims or stand behind their products. I've fixed several leaks in the egg, replaced all the o rings in the heater etc. I believe my leak is now coming from the crappy new design of the drain plug. It seems something is missing in the assembly as all I have is plawtic on plastic and it doesn't form any kind of seal.

Anyone with the new drain(no pipe, just a hole in the bottom) help me with identifying what should be there and any ideas how to seal it? 

• 4 months later...

I'm having the same trouble.  IT's a straight thread.  Looks like the plug on a normal inflatable pool toy.  You just push it into place.  However, it doesnt' "seal" very tight and clearly a leak is coming from it.  I will post some pics here but did you get it figured out JoshtheAngry?

i have a bestway Saluspa miami

Here's the pictures.  I tried a o-ring gasket and may have "stretched" the inside of the valve as now it wont' even stay shut.  Not sure it matters because it was leaking even when shut before.  this is the drain valve at the bottom of the hot top.

saluspa miami

spa5.jpg

spa4.jpg

spa3.jpg

spa2.jpg

spa1.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
On 3/23/2021 at 4:41 PM, rrsp75 said:

Here's the pictures.  I tried a o-ring gasket and may have "stretched" the inside of the valve as now it wont' even stay shut.  Not sure it matters because it was leaking even when shut before.  this is the drain valve at the bottom of the hot top.

saluspa miami

spa5.jpg

spa4.jpg

spa3.jpg

spa2.jpg

spa1.jpg

On 11/14/2020 at 6:11 AM, Joshtheangry said:

So for as long as I've owned these I've accepted they're rentals since best way doesn't honor warranty claims or stand behind their products. I've fixed several leaks in the egg, replaced all the o rings in the heater etc. I believe my leak is now coming from the crappy new design of the drain plug. It seems something is missing in the assembly as all I have is plawtic on plastic and it doesn't form any kind of seal.

Anyone with the new drain(no pipe, just a hole in the bottom) help me with identifying what should be there and any ideas how to seal it? 

PVC primer/cement kit. Less than $7. Place something hard and flat under the plug as the primer will be messy. Follow directions. Test with a partial fill to filters. Check for leaks. 

On 12/11/21 I coated both the plug and the plug hole per the PVC primer/cement directions. Place something flat and rigid underneath, because the primer is messy. Let that sit for a night. Placed a towel under the drain plug area, and partially filled the tub to the top of the filters on my Miami SaluSpa. Checked the next day. No leaks. Filled the tub and have enjoyed it since. No leaks 12/21/21.

On 11/14/2020 at 6:11 AM, Joshtheangry said:

See below. So far a PVC primer/cement has held for the first week.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...