Can’t Turn Jets/Bubbles Off

JCSPa

Was in our Canadian Spa Swift Current V2 last night when around 20 minutes into the bubble cycle, the pump changed frequency. It usually changes slightly as it comes towards the end of the cycle but this was obvious and too early.

long story short, they didn’t turn off when expected, nor did they turn off after an hour of running.

I’m unable to disable them by holding the jets button on the PCU. And they come on instantly when power is restored.

The Jets button on the PCU lights up, and the mode responds to the touch of the button, scrolling through the jet speed but it doesn’t have any effect on the pump.

I took it apart this afternoon and tried the reset button. Also took the pump apart to see if there was anything obvious... nothing.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I have the same problem. The air fan won’t turn off. I recently had to replace the carbon brushes in the fan motor as they had worn down. This caused a arc on the motor which blew the component on the board that controls it (triac) I also replaced the triac and all was good again. Well at least for 10 mins of running. Speed was ok and it turned off and on. But now it won’t turn off anymore. The green light goes off on the control pad but the air pump continues to run albeit at a lower speed and there is no way I can stop it. I will be replacing the triac opto isolation chip on the control board next.