It was working fine/not loud and then before a hurricane about 2 weeks ago (hardly rained...) power went on and off a few times.  When turned on smelled electrical burning.  Turned circuit off.  When turned back on motor turned on for 2 mins and went off.  Drained.  Had an electrician over and he found the bad fuse which I replaced and refilled.  He didn't find any burned wiring and I don't see anything either.  Since refilled getting no noise or vibrating from motor.

An air lock could cause the current symptoms, but blown fuses and burning smells have a cause. I suspect it is electrical. 

Have you contacted your homeowners insurance provider? If caused by electrical surge, it should be covered. I have dealt with enough of them to know. In which case, don't touch anything else until an approved technician arrives.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, RDspaguy said:

until an approved technician arrives

Ok Ok I'm here.

3 dots flashing...jumper the pressure switch. If dots go away and you get 240VAC to the heater adjust or replace the pressure switch. If they don't go away...call insurance...lol JK

If they don't go away and based on what you have said about burnt smell and blown fuses pull the board and check on the backside for darkened or burnt areas.

Let us know results

4 minutes ago, CanadianSpaTech said:

Ok Ok I'm here.

3 dots flashing...jumper the pressure switch. If dots go away and you get 240VAC to the heater  adjust or replace the pressure switch. If they don't go away...call insurance...lol JK

If they don't go away and based on what you have said about burnt smell and blown fuses pull the board and check on the backside for darkened or burnt areas.

Let us know results

Also remove filters until issue is fixed. 3 dots is a flow issue. Take them out of the equation

3) DO NOT USE PLUNGER

Hey!  Have an electrician coming out.  Thought I'd give him the list gathered here from you wonderful folks of things to check. 

Relay

Motor

Breaker voltage

Pressure switch

I bought the spa used.  How can I find out the manufacturing date - to pull up the right manual?

Any suggestions on how to address air lock?  Saw plunger - bad.  And bleeding the pipe attached to the motor??

Much thanks again!

10 hours ago, mermaidsRfree said:

to pull up the right manual?

Manuals rarely have any pertinent information for repair

10 hours ago, mermaidsRfree said:

And bleeding the pipe attached to the motor??

Yes.. back off the union at the front of the motor until you hear the air escape and water starts dripping and the jets start flowing  

Thanks so much!  Electrician did a troubleshoot session with spapartsnet.com and decided the motor is bad.  Power was good but nothing at all from motor.  So, it's on order.  Will try to get someone to give bleeding that line a try this weekend as pump will ship monday.  Really appreciate your help - most kind of you.

• 2 years later...

@PenPen2023 In the future please start your own post. There is usually little helpful information in a user manual. If you are having issue with your spa and need help post photos of the spa pack and the schematic on the inside cover if there is one. Post photos of the topside control as well if you need help programming.