2009(?) hot springs vanguard control screen replacement

Tinawww

Reddit sent me here searching for a user castletonia to help me with my hot tub. It came with the house I bought and the top control screen doesn’t work, from my research it seems that the part is discontinued and I need a new control screen and computer board for it to work, but I’m not sure I have the correct parts. Can anyone confirm these will work on my hot tub? I’m attaching pictures. Thank you!8714EB82-2D90-4C68-893B-185F7749D125.thumb.jpeg.108614a8bec76de614abe49589601cc1.jpeg

948D38F1-0916-430C-93C4-8FDC5C886A14.png

It is a 2009 Vanguard and those are the correct part numbers for the control box and control panel.  You will need flash software onto the circuit board and set the software jumpers once everything is installed.  If the place you are buying the parts from cannot provide you the software or instructions, pm me your email address and I can email you that info,

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Tinawww said:

Thank you!! I will call the company tomorrow and ask about the software. How do I set the software jumpers, and what does that mean?

The software jumpers are just the software settings.  Hot Spring uses the same circuit board in all their hot tubs and the software settings are used to configure the circuit board for the specific hot tub.  

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Depends on how old the Hot Springs is. Watkins discontinued parts for the older units and the only fix is to replace both the spa pack and the topside. If that is whats needed, you are better off buying a replacement balboa pack, which is common off the shelf parts and much cheaper that buying the proprietary Watkins IQ combination.

• 2 months later...

I have a 2011 Vanguard Hot Tub VV and there is ongoing issues 

No Light on Control Panel 

Water marks an residue in Control Panel 

Cannot read Control panel due to no lights 

What type of Control Panel will be required for repalcement 

Is there any addtional requirements with the New Control Panel

Please let me know 

Thanks 

8 hours ago, James C Bellinger said:

I have a 2011 Vanguard Hot Tub VV and there is ongoing issues 

No Light on Control Panel 

Water marks an residue in Control Panel 

Cannot read Control panel due to no lights 

What type of Control Panel will be required for repalcement 

Is there any addtional requirements with the New Control Panel

Please let me know 

Thanks 

If it is a 2011, the original control panel is obsolete.  You would need to upgrade the electronics to the current version of the IQ2020.  You would need a new control box, new control panel, and the appropriate software for your hot tub.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, cranbiz said:

So what was just said its to replace the IQ2020 pack and topside with a Balboa VS501 because the Balboa complete setup is under $500 USD ($470) while an updated IQ2020 is $700 and another $400 for the topside.

This could only work on non-circulation pump models from Watkins (Hot Spring Hot Spot & Caldera Vacanza).

• Like 1