Hydropool serenity 4500

Chris cash

First time owner here so please be gentle, I went out to the hottub today to check the levels. I put the jets on low and noticed the filter has sucking in " a lot" and there was a small crack on the top of it. It seemed that it couldn't pull water as it was blocked but I know its clean I cleaned it myself last week.tje hottub is only 3 months old and still the original filter. Any advise would be appreciated. 

Regards 3

23 hours ago, Chris cash said:

First time owner here so please be gentle, I went out to the hottub today to check the levels. I put the jets on low and noticed the filter has sucking in " a lot" and there was a small crack on the top of it. It seemed that it couldn't pull water as it was blocked but I know its clean I cleaned it myself last week.tje hottub is only 3 months old and still the original filter. Any advise would be appreciated. 

Regards 3

Good afternoon I appreciate your reply as for the info:

We use eco one filter cleaner it was sold to use upon purchase of the hottub 3 month ago. We tend to soak the filter in a bucket of solution then hose it down approx 24 hours later and leave outside to dry before re installing it. 

We check the levels once a week and add any chemicals it required as to date the levels have been pretty good.

We test the water with testing kit also purchased from the pool company.

The hottub is a 2020 model hydropool serenity 4500.

I did notice a crack on the bottom of the filter today which I presume is the cause of the internal suction but to be fair I dont know alot about there filtration system.

Any advice would be appreciated.

16042525116567540485270611051838.jpg

I have never seen that filter. Almost looks like the suction is collapsing it. I would be calling for warranty...unless you think you have caused this somehow. Should only need to soak it in filter wash every 6 weeks or so but should be sprayed/cleaned with garden hose bi weekly depending on bather load.

9 minutes ago, Chris cash said:

Thank you for the reply I dont think for one second  we have done anything to warrant the collapse of the filter.

Then I would be contacting the dealer. If it's not your problem then it's theirs . Take the filter in and see what they say. 

12 minutes ago, Chris cash said:

Do you think it's a filter issue or a pump issue " pulling to hard"?

Anything is possible. Perhaps there is a one way check valve not working/staying closed and not getting proper suction. I don't know how the spa is plumbed so you would have to ask them if that's a possibility.

Next time you are in the spa see if you have suction through all the pump returns in the foot well with everything running

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 11/2/2020 at 5:25 PM, Chris cash said:

Update to those that requested. I spoke to hydropool re the damaged filter who inform me that they have been issues with the new filters collapsing and covering  all u der warranty.

I thank you all for your help.

I have a serenity 5900. Had the tub for total 4 months. My filter cracked exactly like yours. 2 months ago they replaced it. It just happened again. 

must be a bad design or something?

• 3 months later...

I was having this same problem (but thankfully, my filter didn't crack like yours). I purchased a second filter so that I could always have a clean one handy and change/clean them more often. I now rinse one a week, soak in TSP once every two weeks, and soak in spa filter cleaner once every 4-6 weeks. I may try soaking in muriatic acid at some point too. 

Also, as a newbie myself, I struggled with water sanitization for a while which probably put added pressure on the filter. As I got better at it, and as I cleaned the filters more often, the problem of the collapsing filter hasn't happened lately.

I suspect that this is a known issue. I noticed that Hydropool recently changed the product number for these filters (from to 4520034 to 4520035). Maybe they (or the filter manufacturer) have redesigned the filter somehow to deal with this issue. These filters seem to be in short supply right now though.

Hope that this helps a bit. 

• 2 weeks later...

Where did you guy purchased your new filters? I have a serinity 4500 as well. Nothing wrong with my filter but id like to have a second one on hand. Did you contacted hydropool directly in ontario. I cant see anywhere on their website where we can purchase online. 

thanks

marc

2 hours ago, Gooseybamp said:

Where did you guy purchased your new filters? I have a serinity 4500 as well. Nothing wrong with my filter but id like to have a second one on hand. Did you contacted hydropool directly in ontario. I cant see anywhere on their website where we can purchase online. 

thanks

marc

Hey buddy no I didn't have to go to hydropool direct I purchased it through the company that I bought the hot tub from. Be warned  though they have now come out with a new design so you may be better off checking  they have the new design.

• Like 1