plumbing identification

bones774

hi all, first time on here looking for help, hopefully in right spot.

the collar that tightens this piece is broke and seems like I must replace entire piece. looks like it is cobbled together from Asstd fittings. there is also a fitting coming out of back of horizontal piece that is unseen. Can someone id for me the multiple parts that I need here? thanks 

1020201329.jpg

thanks,

you've been so helpful and responsive I'd like to ask another?

sometimes I shut and drain tub for a few months then when I fill it up I notice that the guillotine type shutoff valves drip a bit. is there any preventative step I could take? they don't seem to be openable/ repairable. thanks again

Worst thing you can do to a hot tub is to take the water out and leave it for extended periods of time. With no water in it the air can get at everything. Seals will shrink, metal will rust. When full everything stays soft and supple and won't rust. But if ya gotta ya gotta just be prepared for repairs when you fill it again. Just the way it is. No way to fix those types of sealed gate valves. Sometimes you can get them to a position where they don't drip but it is only a matter of time. They can be replaced with a serviceable gate valve where you can take the valve apart and replace o-rings/gaskets but they have their own issues. I dislike ball valves more that either type of gate valves. Personally I would replace with the same type you currently have and try to never use them.

Can't win on this issue, it would neccesitate me leaving the spa on thru a Northeast winter while I'm not even present(and the worry of what may happen while I'm not there), though this year quarantine might keep me home.

I've had this tub since 2000 and thru good upkeep it's still working fine but I feel at this age as I work on one trouble spot it might aggravate another spot.

thanks

• Like 1

i'm just double checking specs and the actual OD on my tiny might pump is 1 7/8 inches, their website shows a 2 3/8 actual OD for the  1 1/2 inch fitting. I would think the tiny might to be a rather standard fitment size. Been looking at all the online sites and its not matching with what i need.

https://www.amazon.com/Spa-Union-Ring-Might-other/dp/B00PJH10JY#descriptionAndDetails

Contact Spa guy and tell them that you need a 2 piece pump union and o ring for the tiny might. The link has all the measurements in the photos on the left hand side make sure they match what you have.