Need a new cover....Advice please

Puma1973

I have a Hot Springs Envoy tub that is in desperate need of a new cover. We were ready to order one and then the Covid hit. I tried ordering one and they were not producing them at the time. I just called again and they told me that they have been placing orders for months and out of the 30 plus on order, they have received 8 so far. So my question is, should I just place an order with them and wait, or is there somewhere else worth ordering from. I like the idea that if I order thru my dealer it will be a Hot springs cover and be a direct replacement. I just need the cover, lifters are fine. This cover is 7 years old and is now saturated and weighs a ton. I think that 7 years is a very good life span. The problem is that it is almost unusable because of weight and not sure if I should wait that long. Done some research on other options, but will need to do more work with another brand and install plates, drill holes, etc. The reviews I see are all over the place with other manufacturers. So hoping I can get some good recommendations from other forum members. Thanks in advance.

I vote you order an OEM cover from Hotspring through your dealer.  Be patient and wait.  It will arrive eventually.  The sooner you order the sooner it will arrive.  The OEM cover will fit best and retain heat better than anything else on the market since it was made specifically for your tub.

Seven years is indeed a great lifespan for the cover, anything over five is pretty great.

If you are using a Hot Spring cover lifter then you need a cover that has the plates in the cover to screw into and I'm not sure if other manufacturer's will offer this.

I don't think there is an official lead time on covers, but I was told 8-10 weeks.  I have received two cover orders so far and both were around 10 weeks.  Your dealer can order covers two ways.  First is to ship with hot tubs (I would advise against since hot tub lead times are looooong) and second is to order as a parts order.  This will be the 10ish week lead time but your dealer has to order a minimum of 4 covers at a time.  As with everything in this Covid world, expect that there could be delays or issues.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

I also needed a new cover and could not wait for the 20 weeks Leadtime at Hotspring. I ordered a cover at MyCoverSpa and just received it after 5 weeks.

But I realize I don't have the metal plates for the lifter mount!. Interestingly my current old cover actually does not have metal plates (screws are just in the foam through the Vinyl..) in it and it worked fine and survived over 10 years. 
What should I do ?
- Screw in the EPS foam and use some kind of glue/celant
- Glue (+ screw) a metal plate on the cover...

Any idea ?
(The Model is Hotsping Jetsetter Model J with a Cover Cradle lifter)

8 hours ago, serge9898 said:

I also needed a new cover and could not wait for the 20 weeks Leadtime at Hotspring. I ordered a cover at MyCoverSpa and just received it after 5 weeks.

But I realize I don't have the metal plates for the lifter mount!. Interestingly my current old cover actually does not have metal plates (screws are just in the foam through the Vinyl..) in it and it worked fine and survived over 10 years. 
What should I do ?
- Screw in the EPS foam and use some kind of glue/celant
- Glue (+ screw) a metal plate on the cover...

Any idea ?
(The Model is Hotsping Jetsetter Model J with a Cover Cradle lifter)

I cannot imagine how your cover survived 10 years without cover plate.  I would never use a CoverCradle without a cover that has the plates.  At this point, a either ordering a cover with the plates or a different cover lift are really the only options.

• Like 2