Desparate for help! Hot tub acting strange

Macgruber

Sorry, didn't mean to be rude or lazy.. just didn't understand. The company is not great support wise but I am pretty sure the original wiring diagram still applies.

It can be found here http://www.correct-tech.com/pdf/MINI-MAX-DIGITAL-SCHEMATIC_revised-copy.pdf

I think I hooked up the board the same as previously hooked up with the exception of the pump being a 240v pump so the white is on J14.

Super grateful!

20201020_183915.jpg

20201020_183910.jpg

Alright, so I played around with some of the board settings and changed it to P12 ( I thought I had done this but and it didn't fix it but I guess i didn't) 

I changed it from P10 to P12 

P10, P11 or P12 will appear. Press Jets One key to change operation. P10 = Pump 1 two speed with off position. P11 = Pump 1 single speed. P12 = Pump 1 two speed. When choice is made press Heat key to go to next mode. Do not use P12 if using a separate circ pump for filtration and heat.

This has now allowed the pump to be running in low speed mode constantly thus negating the FL error! I remember distinctly that when we had the tub before the pump would only turn on when the heater turned on and the jets setting had off, low and high speed. But I am just happy it is working.  So I guess my last question is whether or not the pump perpetually running in low speed is bad other than the power use and extra wear on the pump? I imagine the low setting is faster than a dedicated circulation pump?

This forum has been a life-saver and I am beyond thankful!

So the pump will continue to run even after it has heated to the set temp? And your filter cycle is set properly to run no more than 2 hours out of a 12 hour period or 4 hours out of 24. 

Press Heat key and Auxiliary ( Pump 2 or Blower ) keys simultaneously and hold to adjust filter cycle from 2 - 12 hrs of each 12 hr period. 

• Thanks 1

I checked the cycle setting and it was set for C 4 which I am guessing it was set for 4hrs so I changed it to 2. But yes, the pump is just constantly running on low speed and the heating element will turn off or on based on the temp but the pump stays on. Set to P10 the pump just doesn't turn on at all with the heater.. the jets are only activated by the topside control.

Engineer, guru, genius, god... we hear them all. But what's in a title? Right? We don't let that kind of stuff go to our heads, geniuses that we are. I mean, to be a spa engineering guru genius you MUST be modest as well. All those millions of helpless people relying on our godlike wisdom and intellect is a tremendous responsiblity, not to be taken lightly. But we handle it with style and grace, undaunted by the extreme difficulty of our task...

Wait, what just happened? For a moment I felt like George Clooney at the oscars...

• Haha 2

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks again for all the help! We are loving the tub and have been in it a total of 130 individual soaks in the last 2 weeks!

Since you guys are so smart I figure I would pick your brains one last time. I have been using bromine in hopes that it would be a gentler alternative to Chlorine but my wife is getting raised bumps(just her) and I am find that it is giving me headaches, hurting my eye and just making me feel generally crappy. My values are all within acceptable range and since we are using the tub a fair amount I am shocking it every second day. I am going to give chlorine a try as I found that it did not bother me at all in the past. Any suggestions of types/brands of chlorine? other things to watch for in terms of what could be causing the issues?

thanks again!

20201107_192149.jpg