Does this sound like a pump is rusted or frozen?

matrophy

Resurrecting a hot tub (Sundance Cameo) that came with the house that we haven't used in a year. I refilled it a few weeks ago and powered it up to run overnight and heat up. The heater was working when When I came out the next morning, the check valve in the ozonator line had broken and about 1/3 of the water drained out of the tub. The break in the hline was above the motor that is connected to the heater and I wouldn't be surprised if that motor got a good shower. We had bad weather for a few weeks and I started back working on it today. I refilled it and once I powered it up, I get a FLO message and a COLD message. I removed the filter and the FLO message remained.  I wasn't getting an icon on the panel that shows that the heater was on.

The motor connected to the heater was extremely hot but not turning and I'm thinking that probably what happened is the motor got wet and rusted in the 2 weeks or so that it has been sitting.

I presume that the FLO message and the heater not coming on has to do with that motor not turning.

Does this sound correct?

If so, I would take the motor out and schlep it to my local motor shop to see if they could unfreeze or rebuild it.

10 hours ago, matrophy said:

Does this sound correct?

Kinda yes. If you can get at the back of the motor there is a dust cover dead center of the motor. Remove it and you will see the shaft of the motor with a slot in it. Use a flat head screwdriver in the slot and try and turn the motor shaft to see if you can free it up or if it is seized. 

45 minutes ago, vikingGoalie said:

i would look at the frozen motors thread i started.   my journey of discovery has taught me that motors that sit for a while are problems.  fixable problems if you are  handy it's definitely a diy'er thing.  if you rather have your weekend for other pursuits ;)  then fixable by someone else.

Good info here. I'll likely end up taking it to our local motor shop if I can't free the motor, and if I do free it, if it makes funny noises. Thanks for taking the time to record this right before I needed it.