2015 Jacuzzi J365 Circuit Board Question

J365 Jacuzzi

Hello, 

Wondering if anyone can help me identify what this is. Recently had an FL2 error code on my spa and while inspecting the wires behind the panel I noticed some charring in an area towards the bottom of the control box. This was lying at the bottom of the box. The tub seems to work fine other than the FL2 error and I can’t find anywhere on the board where this would have come from. 

A8F029CF-3C20-4F2F-8438-04A9B161619A.jpeg

773729B3-6789-4702-8036-E992F8A94C37.jpeg

A9E4BBED-FF0E-473E-84B5-FBDEFAD1CA21.jpeg

2DE6A8D5-2D03-4AE0-96C7-0B0CA0B13C9C.jpeg

Not from the circuit board. There is a snubber to the left of the red wire in your photo. One side wire of the snubber goes into the red wires and one side wire of the snubber goes to the black

Think you can find a photo of a Jacuzzi pack on the internet...

Example here at 0.02 you will see it (different pack same idea) Here: (it's the blue thingy)   

• Like 2

Man there are burnt marks all the way over to below the fuses holder...That thing must have exploded shooting flames and smoke and stuff. Lot of black on the underside of the red wire I would check it for melted sheathing and exposed wire...just to be safe

• Like 2

7 hours ago, CanadianSpaTech said:

Man there are burnt marks all the way over to below the fuses holder...That thing must have exploded shooting flames and smoke and stuff. Lot of black on the underside of the red wire I would check it for melted sheathing and exposed wire...just to be safe

Thanks! I’ll take a thorough look. Any idea what the specs would be of a replacement?  Here’s another photo showing what may be some charring marks around those similar power lines. 

CD45A764-B246-49BA-AD31-98729A01343E.jpeg

@J365 Jacuzzi My advice...pull the board and have a look on the backside for burnt or darkened areas around the relays. The relay bottom right looks like it might have had a hot spot and looks a little different than the others in the photos you posted. There has been an event to cause the SNUBBER to fail. Gotta know why or you could be in for further issues if not corrected. Not a hard board to pull and can be re and re'd in half hour. I suspect you will find the heater relay might be the cause but that is only a guess. If you do let us know results

• Like 1

It looks like there was a change in the chip style between the models of board. My tub has circuit board 6600-293. Later model tubs used an updated replacement board 6600-297. One of the differences appears to the type of chip used. On my board the area behind that chip appears somewhat discolored. Wondering if that contributed to the snubber blowing.🤔

Board Compare.jpg

HMM...Thought there would have been some damage behind the K8 heater relay. No idea what that area controls or does. I have a guy... when it comes to stuff like that. Backside of board LOOKS good IMO. If it's running good then fix the F2 error and carry on I guess. @ $0.59 order several snubbers...just in case

• Thanks 1

• 7 months later...

I also have discoloration in the same are ( U2 / C2 ).    Mine looks a little worse than yours.

My problem was my Topside Controller acting up, then lights out.  I replaced the Topside and got lights, but no display or controls.

Looking at ordering the Next Rev board 6600-297.

I pulled by board and saw the same discoloration.  Here I my pics:

IMG_1180.thumb.jpeg.d83fc2773af3d519729c82f26169e63a.jpeg

IMG_1179.thumb.jpeg.0192c943435c11d7d39f0bd88d9ebe25.jpeg

Update:   I got the new controller board in (Part 6600-297) and it resolved my issue.   I feel that the old controller board Rev (6600-293) had a faulty chip design at U2/C2, and that has been corrected on the new Rev.

The board swap was clean one-to-one on all connections and the screw holes match up.   The only thing I had to do was set J8 Jumper to off in order to go from celsius to fahrenheit.

I didn't have a blown Snubber Transistor, so I don't think I took a surge like you did.  Maybe a smaller surge that didn't blow my Snubber or any of my fuses.   

Anyway, if you have any issues with you Topside Controller and you have a burn mark at U2/C2 on your board, you can bet you need a new board.

Got mine through SpaCare around $300 and it got here in 2 days.  Props!