Mspa Silver cloud E1 error

Steve-o

Inflated my hot tub earlier, put a new filter on and filled it up. When I try to use any of the functions it throws up the E1 error code after a few seconds. I took the filter off and put the hose in as per the mspa fault advice but that hasn't worked. Any other quick fixes or do I need to strip it down and clear everything by hand?

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I bought the MSPA Lite at Lidl (Nl)  last year. After a couple of months of On/Off use started getting the E1 error. I read this forum and other info online and after opening the pump removed a bunch of hair that was stuck around the pump’ shaft. It is now working with no error for almost a week. I’m the prior attempts of fixing the E1 error as the supplier proposed (cleaning) I would get the error within minutes of starting the run. I’m also now using the mesh cover around the filter as proposed in the supplier website which says, and I quote  the google translation from Dutch to English “

The 2020 MSpas LITE and DELIGHT use the new 2020 slide-on filters. Unfortunately, there are holes at the back and at the front of the filters through which dirt can still end up in the filter channel. The result is often an E1 error code.

This mesh cover specially developed by MSpa fits exactly around the 2020 filters and this greatly reduces the risk of malfunctions”. For the rest I’m happy with this spa.

6727CD1A-DAA2-4D64-8504-B88CAC8E264B.jpeg

CCAA7016-01D6-4595-86F5-0EE2190E29E2.jpeg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I've also got a D-SC04 Silver Cloud mSpa which is over 2 years old and after recently emptying and cleaning out and after refilling after 15 seconds of using the filter I'm getting the dreaded E1 fault. I've tried squirting water into the inlet port and some muck was washed out. So filled tub again but the same problem. MSpa at Hitchin will repair the Control box but it is £180 no matter what the fault is. If I drop it off and collect it is cheaper as their £180 price includes delivery.

I've just seen on here about dirt inside the filter pump so I'll empty the tub again and take out the control box and remove the pump and see if there is anything wrapped around the propellors.

I'll update and let you know how I get on.

I'm on a water meter and this constant emptying and filling up is costing a fortune. Trying different things this will be the 4th time I'll have emptied it in a week. Lol.

Unfortunately I didn't get on well at all.I removed the control box and then watched the videos on You Tube for removing the filter pump and none of the videos show how to get to the pump on a Silver Cloud. I took the side off but you can't see the pump. I'm not sure how to get to the pump. It looks like you have to take everything off and I was concerned that if I get it apart will I be able to reassemble it.

The Silver Cloud control box looks like the Premier range but although there were some videos on how to remove this control box there were no videos that I could find on removing the water filter pump. All the videos appear to be of the Lite range and their pumps look easily accessible.

Very frustrating.

If anyone knows where there is a video showing filter pump removal on a Silver Cloud I would appreciate it otherwise it looks like £180 at Hitchin.

• 1 year later...

Hello! I stumbled onto this forum in desperation over the fact my 1 year-old MSpa silver cloud throws up the E1 error every time I try to turn it on. I can't get a response from the manufacturer. The silver cloud doesn't have the pump visible inside the control tower but I did take out the control center and disconnected/reconnected all of the pipes, wiped them out, hosed out the inlet/outlets, and did every other thing I could think of. Anyone have another suggestion? I hate to throw a $1,000 hot tub in the trash after one summer of use. It's driving me crazy.