Hot Springs Highlife Repair Manual

Texas55

Does anyone know where I can get a repair manual for a 1989 Hot Springs Highlife SN K-291777? While restoring it I noticed the two power legs supplying the motor go through two separate contactors. One contactor is activated by the door interlock and the other is activated by the motor on/off button. The motor has ran very hot for years now I think I know why. I suspect the winding sourced by the door interlock contactor is pretty much burned up. The pump don't turn on when the door is closed so I suspect that winding is sourcing the current to ground and getting very hot. I am surprised it has not completely burned up. I would expect both contactors should be activated by the motor on/off button.

20200924_182109~2.jpg

20200904_162230.jpg

20200924_182109.jpg

A door interlock that shuts it off when the door is opened was standard practice back then. I still carry around a magnet in my tool bag, though I haven't used it in years. Eliminate it if you choose. There is no wiring diagram available for those tubs that I know of. They aren't a very complicated system to figure out if you have the patience. Sounds like you are well on your way.