Installing a timer on a 2008 Sundance Camden (240V 40amp)?

Keymaster

Hi all, we’ve been enjoying the heck out of our recently purchased 2008 Sundance Camden spa but I would like to add a timer so I can keep the spa off until a designated time. I’m open to an analog or digital solution and I’m quite handy (able to perform any electrical / install work requires) but I just need to know if/how most people would accomplish this. All ideas are welcome! Please note the tub is currently hard wired to our main panel through a 40 amp breaker (240v). Thanks in advance for any ideas!

CF2D5DE9-8554-4CF4-8156-85099B03B717.jpeg

3B125BA2-25C2-4BEB-B118-82FD46EA9E02.jpeg

3A895F04-E3FD-4BCD-8883-47C0B6A7EC54.jpeg

ABC0B5AA-9290-420F-BF65-6E68B8C57C57.jpeg

WHY? Run an economy mode and have it start the filter cycle 2 hours before the time you want it to be hot. To set start time of filter cycle turn breaker off 2 hours before you want it to be hot. So say you come home everyday at 5 and go in your spa at 6 turn the breaker off then back on at 4 and by the time you go in at 6 it has run a 2 hour filter cycle AND heated the water back up to the set temp if there has been any heat loss during the 10 hours it was not running between filter cycles.

• Like 1