Solana tx display shows 2 rows of dots and dashes

J739

Hi. I am new to spas and to this site. I have a Solana TX and it seems to function fine anytime we use it. Jets work. Temp stays within a degree or two of what the display says. It seems like it is running almost all the time. The display shows two rows of dots and dashes.

_._._._._.

_._._._._.

Something like that. It goes away if you touch the controls and seems to function correctly, but within 10 seconds or so it returns to the dots and dashes screen. Any ideas? Thanks in advance for any help. 

Here are a bunch of pics. All taken while the tub was running. I didn't turn it on. It was just running cause it seems like it always is.lol. when I turned the Jets off, the green light stayed lit and the red light went out. Also the small black sensor in the heater tube had a drip of cold water coming off it and some staining on the heater tube below it so I assume small leak there. As the weather has gotten cooler, it has been running non stop.

IMG_20200921_083001141.jpg

IMG_20200921_082703234.jpg

IMG_20200921_083016034.jpg

IMG_20200921_082654730.jpg

IMG_20200921_083012059.jpg

IMG_20200921_082930991.jpg

IMG_20200921_082925243.jpg

IMG_20200921_083052560.jpg

IMG_20200921_082947338.jpg

IMG_20200921_082937860.jpg

IMG_20200921_082957721.jpg

IMG_20200921_082953867.jpg

IMG_20200921_082644451.jpg

IMG_20200921_083008145.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I also have a Watkins Model call Adoration. Same display as the Solana. Dashes and dots. Right now after draining the tube refilling it (slightly overfilled) neither the jets or temp are responding. I pulled the filters, let out the overfill and still no jets or temp.

4 hours ago, JCF said:

I also have a Watkins Model call Adoration. Same display as the Solana. Dashes and dots. Right now after draining the tube refilling it (slightly overfilled) neither the jets or temp are responding. I pulled the filters, let out the overfill and still no jets or temp.

Had the same code and yes it was a faulty flow sensor.  Here is a good download of the various codes.

https://www.pioneerfamilypools.ca/wp-content/uploads/resources/hottub-info/4howto/Hot-Tub-Troubleshooting-Guide.pdf

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hello, I’ve been following this thread. Same problem - ——- dashes on the panel, Jets going on all the time, temp not going up as high as before. I ordered the sensor and after months it arrived! Changed it today, and now I have 61° showing on the panel. When I push the temperature up button I get “uE - 4”. (It’s not exactly a u and not exactly an E. But that’s the closest letters I can type) then it also has the word “set” up in the upper left corner. if I push the temperature down button that number after the dash will change to three and then two and then one.

anybody know what that means? 
Thank you from Star

• 11 months later...

I have this TX spa.  I replaced the motor capacitor and the pressure switch which was leaking.  Since then, it has worked perfectly.  Now, the spa is dead.  I have it wired for 30 amps.  I have power through the two big fuses.  The breaker does Not trip. None of the control panel switches work including the light.  The heavy red wire going to the upper left corner has a little browning as if it has overheated.  None of the lights for power or heater in the upper right corner are on.  Any ideas?IMG_20200921_082947338.jpg

• 8 months later...
On 9/21/2020 at 8:30 PM, RDspaguy said:

https://www.backyardplus.com/proddetail.php?prod=73995

This is probably the cause. You need a new one even if not if it is leaking.

I have same problem on my TX. Dots & dashes. Cold water. Pump running 24/7. Saw video where guy disconnected pressure switch and put screwdriver across contacts for 20 seconds. If 'heat' light comes on you know its pressure switch. Now someone said that test could ruin heater!. If 'heat' light comes on is that proof heater still good or just that heater is needed? Thanks 

19 hours ago, sllimphil said:

Saw video where guy disconnected pressure switch and put screwdriver across contacts for 20 seconds. If 'heat' light comes on you know its pressure switch

Wow! So much wrong in such a short statement! Impressive!

Ok, first off, I DO NOT RECOMMEND YOU BYPASS ANY SAFETY DEVICES IN YOUR SPA.

That said, bypassing the PS in this way will tell you if the PS is open and nothing more, and only on really old non-digital or not very smart digital controls. Most modern systems will just show a flow error if you try this, unless you time it just right.

that test could ruin heater!

If left for too long (as little as 2 seconds or so) with no water or low flow it can damage the heater and other nearby equipment.

If 'heat' light comes on is that proof heater still good or just that heater is needed?

It proves nothing about the heater at all except that the controls want it on. If bypassing the pressure switch makes it turn on then the pressure switch is open and preventing the heater from turning on. This is usually, though not always, a flow issue, such as a dirty filter, and the switch is doing it's job. 

Also, please start your own thread. Include details and pics of YOUR spa.