ATTN: JDW1222

CanadianSpaTech

Thanks I am not sure what is happening but every time I post it does that. Was hoping a moderator could fix?

here is a copy and paste of what I am trying to post. 

Have a great lakes spa that got flooded with about 2 of water of so .  I replaced the pump and the circuit board and cleaned up the wires  Put a new cat6 end on the controller cable.

tub started up fine and heated but now the pump never seems to shut off (running on low speed) and to me it seems hotter than the displayed temp.

It is flashing an occasional code on the display  (IC) , and the jet and light buttons are flashing while running. When display flashes the temp is set to 99 but it is flashing 103 

Is there another component or sensor that I missed that maybe was affected by the flood or did i possibly install something incorrectly?

I installed a Balboa Water Group Circuit Board VS500 Systems 54369-01, 54369-02, 54369-03 and a Aqua-Flo Flo-Master XP2 06125000-1040 Spa Pump is 2-1/2 HP 230V Dual Speed

What is the filter cycle duration set at? Should be F2...as for the other issues I'm looking at the cat6 wiring next. Disconnect the topside and let it run and see if it runs normal for a few hours...also think it should be moved up to the top plug in for the main controller. Below where it is now is for AUX topside. Check inside cover to confirm

Here is a pic. I moved the controller cable and tried again.  Still flashing the IC code as soon as I start it up (Looks like it is for ice conditions )

the 2 sensors on the heater did go under water.  Maybe bad connection there or sensor needs replacing? 

what triggers the ic code - guessing a sensor ?

341C88CE-98DE-4C21-9651-FBFB361A3EB6.jpeg

948D6ABB-2105-4622-A8F8-015F7363E477.jpeg

What topside is in it? Check all the settings in "Switchbank A" Make sure A4 is down and A3 matches your topside. 

1 hour ago, jdw1222 said:

2 sensors on the heater did go under water.

Should be fine just check to make sure there is a good connection to the circuit board the pins are small and bend easily.

Other then that it all looks good to me only other thing I can suggest is to redo the cat6 you worked on.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, CanadianSpaTech said:

What topside is in it? Check all the settings in "Switchbank A" Make sure A4 is down and A3 matches your topside. 

I think this was my issue! I just checked and a4 was up.  

I moved a4 down and moved a3 up and seems to be working.  

thanks for the help

• Like 1