Is this normal? Leveling issue?

mchad

Hi All,

I noticed something on my Hotspring Flash hot tub today.  As background, the tub is about a year old, sits on new cement pavers, which in turn sit on top of a cement slab which was the base for the previous owners hot tub.

I had not paid any attention to this before, but I noticed today that water level seems out of level.  I say  seems because of you look at the photos, on three of the side the water line comes right up to, but does not touch, the light.  On the forth side, the water level comes over the light as well as the control knob.

First thought was that the ground had settled, or it wasn't level when it was installed and I never bothered to notice it.  I took a 6 foot level to the top of each side of the shell.....perfectly level.  The ground?  Perfectly level.  The water line looks level all the way around as well.

Not sure what I am seeing if everything is in alignment, including the ground.  Any ideas?

Thanks,

Matt

Low spot.jpg

IMG_3760.JPG

IMG_3761.JPG

IMG_3763.JPG

• 3 weeks later...

It's definitely flat. We had the pavers installed and my guess is that the area is sloped ever so slightly to promote flow into the drain.  I guess I just never noticed it  before. The pavers sit on top of the old slab for the previous hot tub, and that was perfectly level as I checked it before they laid the pavers.  

Best part is the drain is literally a foot from the hot tubs drain port.  No hose or mess.  

Thanks everyone.

• Like 1