Wiring Issue - Mice?

kursed30

SO we have an older hot tub and yesterday we got all cleaned and filled. Plugged it in and......nothing. The power cord lights up, the tub lights work but nothing on the display. When i turned it on, there was a faint humming sound and then a click. I also noticed two wires that appeared to be cut. Maybe a mouse or something.

We have a spa that has two wires that appear to have been chewed through by mice. I am trying to figure out where these two wires go. I have attached two pictures. One is the model number to the panel. WH-LEZUR-CCAJ. The second pic is the two wires. The black and white wire coming out of the panel look to have been cut. 

IMG_5874001.jpg

IMG_5875.jpg

And to keep mice away = peppermint oil.   I bought a product called "Rodent Sheriff" - on one of those "As Seen on TV" things.   

Peppermint oil and a $1 spray bottle from the dollar store will do the same job.   For some reason - not being a rat, I can't figure it out,  but peppermint oil makes little rodent critters nauseous and they run away from it.