Hotspring Flash 'leaking' from black hose

mchad

Hi everyone,

Hotspring Flash spa owner - 1 year.  Great spa.  

During my last change of the Freshwater cartridge, following the on-screen procedures, as the pump turn off there is always a slug of water than exits the tub from the black hose 'port' located on the bottom wood trim under the skirt (I'm not sure what else to call it - I can't find the 'port' on any of the schematics).

Anyway, this time after changing our the cartridge, that port now 'leaks' small amounts of water at various times.  I'm assuming when the circulation pumps kick on at various times during the day.  It's not a large amount of water, but never happened before and it should not be happening now.  

I removed the panel and the internal compartment was bone dry - I couldn't even tell where the tubing from that port originated as it's underneath the compartment.

Has anyone ever experienced this?  Also, what is that 'port' called?

Thanks,

Matt

IMG_3758.thumb.JPG.566c60ad4307d1042fe9779d3a5bafd0.JPG

Thanks so much for the reply.  I don't think the cartridge is seated improperly - said another way, the cartridge went in and locked down the same exact way the last 4-5 cartridges did on previous change outs.

I inspected the cartridge can compared it to another new one, looked exactly the same.  

EDIT:  Checked it just now and when I give the cartridge a slight 'tug', there is some play there.  Not a lot, but it's noticeable.  Tugging on the cartridge also caused water to come out of the drain, enough to make a  small puddle.  

Not sure if when the cartridge is seated, it should be totally locked down - as in zero play up and down.

Tech came out, it appears to be an issue with the housing seal.  I little trial and error and it seals correctly now.  The tech said that specific salt system is quite new and this is the first one he has seen that was leaking.  Not sure if more will experience this is the future, but for now, it's fixed. Thanks everyone for your help!

• Like 2

• 11 months later...

I realize this thread is about a year old, but I’m in a sort of similar situation. 
Just drained the tub and refilled to get it ready for fall. When I filled and turned on the jets, got error code 5 when clicking on the salt system option. 
removed the salt cartridge and all of a sudden water started gushing out of the drain hose (which is just a hole in the base on the right side of the tub). Calling the dealer tomorrow AM but I’m very concerned especially after reading more online. Also never got to add chemicals since I’m afraid to run the jets at this point, so just keeping tap water in there overnight. Fingers crossed that’s not a bad idea…

any insight?

Totally normal.  Unfortunately the manual doesn't tell you this.

Fill the tub.  Heat the tub to 100.  Then add your chemicals, including the salt.  You'll continue to get that error code until you add enough salt to trip it, then it will register on the salt 'meter' (red, yellow or green).  

With respect to the cartridge, if you remove it, any time, water will leak out the side, and if you run the pumps water will REALLY leak out the side.  This is what is supposed to happen.

Put the cartridge back in, follow the steps above (heat to 100, then add your chemicals, including salt).  The error code will clear and you'll be fine.

I assuming the light on the side is flashing....yellow?  That will clear to green once you add the salt.

• Like 1