Caldera Model MRA2L4001

cliff0118

Hello. I have a Caldera hot tub and it was given to me. I cleaned it all up and filled it the other day. The jets work and so does the circulating pump. When I turned it on the word temp was flashing. I looked at the troubleshooting section of the manual and it said dirty filter. I took the filter out and cleaned. Now sometimes it will stop blinking and heat and then just stop. I have checked the pressure switch with a multimeter and it seems to function properly. Does anyone have any insight on what the problem may be. 

Probably the circulation pump. The pressure switch tells it there is a pump on and it can heat, but if the flow is slow or the pump cuts out it will overheat inside the heater and cause the error. But it could be a faulty sensor as well. Set your multimeter to 20k ohms and take a reading on each of the 2 sensors while unplugged from the board.

You should see a fast steady stream of tiny bubbles shooting rapidly from the return in the footwell and curving toward the surface. If you have bubbles rising straight up from the jet or big bubbles (larger than a grain of sand) or no bubbles at all you have a flow issue.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok. I replaced the circulation pump and installed a new filter. It is still not heating. I took a reading at the sensor and got about 11ohms. See picture below. I also measured the voltage at the pins for the connector coming out of the board for the pressure switch and i have 31vac on each pin. Does this sound right. 

20200921_181808.jpg

20200921_181800.jpg

20200921_181755.jpg