Sundance Cameo Leaking from vent hose?

matrophy

Definitely a spa rookie. Went to start up the Sundance Cameo that came with the house that we have only used once about 18 months ago. Everything ran OK except for the waterfall that burped up some water and some black gunk and then stopped flowing. After filling and setting the automatic running features and checking that all of the pumps and jets were working OK, I left it to run overnight hopefully for the filter to catch some of the small pieces of dirt, etc that we didn't get out before we filled it. This morning the water level was down about 6" and there was a puddle of water underneath. I removed the front cover and see water draining from this hose. It looks like an air vent but I am pretty sure it's not supposed to drain through this. I'm wondering of there is a blockage or an air lock that caused water to back up through this hose AND if this might be related to whatever is preventing the waterfall from flowing. 

spa hose.jpg

Edited by matrophy
Wrong model

Looks to be the hose for a UV/Ozone injection. The white part joined to the 3/4" hose that the line comes off of is a Mazzi injector. Usually a one way check valve where the point of the red arrow is in the photo you posted. See below.... mazzi injector to ozone line to check valve... I would say plug it if you don't have ozone installed 

What Does The Ozone Generator Do In A Canadian Spa Hot Tub?

4 hours ago, CanadianSpaTech said:

Looks to be the hose for a UV/Ozone injection. The white part joined to the 3/4" hose that the line comes off of is a Mazzi injector. Usually a one way check valve where the point of the red arrow is in the photo you posted. See below.... mazzi injector to ozone line to check valve... I would say plug it if you don't have ozone installed 

What Does The Ozone Generator Do In A Canadian Spa Hot Tub?

Check valve from ozone was broken in half. Is there anything special about these check valves or will any check valve with the correct hose fittings work?