Tiger river spa Sumatran , not heating/low flow

REA

Being an "Export" pack made for the European 240V grid I don't think there should be a 115V option. The heater is to be run 1.5kw off 240V. From the pic of the heater you posted I don't think there is a 6 kW option as there is nothing for 6 KW listed on the heater tube for 6KW. Now as far as the spa heating with the main "jet" pumps running that is likely due to the pumps heating the spa internally from the heat shedding off the motors. Main pumps should have nothing to do with the heating of the spa. Having only a 1.5 KW heater it might take 30+ hours to heat up the spa from a cold tap water start. My well water comes in at 58 degrees F and if I were to try and heat a 115V (or 240V in your case) spa at 1 KW it could take up to 40 hours to heat up to 104 degrees with the first 30 degrees taking the longest. Could it be you are just no being patient enough? If you have 240 going to the heater and circ is running with the heat indicator light on everything should be normal and working. 

As for the jumpers it looks like the top left in the diagram is where yours is set with jumper #3 covering 2 pins. Can't read the models (small print and blurry) in the photo you posted.

See Appendix 1 in the 2007 service manual I posted earlier. The only other jumper you can change is jumper 5 to go from Fahrenheit to Celsius or visa versa. 

Similar "European" 1.5 KW heater specs listed here...no 6 kw option... https://spa-plus.eu/hydroquip-1-5kw-double-barrell-heater

• Like 1

Sorry, I didn't notice there was a page 2 of the thread. Your wiring is correct. You do not need a transformer. 

I agree with @CanadianSpaTech about the pump heating the water. And the timeframe for heating with a 1.5kw heater. 

Remove the filter.

Turn off power. Check the box on the end of the heater for a reset button. Some have them, some don't, and it may be on the side facing away from you. It is usually a small rubber plug with a button behind it that does not stick out from the box. You may need a screwdriver to push it. Post results.

Turn off jets and check the circulation pump terminals on the board for 240v. Then check the fuse for the circ pump in the holder beside the wiring for the circ pump. The holder is mounted facing the back of the pack so you will have to reach behind the pack to get it out. Post results.

With just the circulation pump on, check for 240v at the heater connections on the board. Post results.

Turn off breaker, remove heater wires from the board and test resistance (ohms) on the heater. Post results.

Turn off power, unplug the sensors from the board. With ohm meter set to 20k ohms, test resistance on both sensors. Post results.

• Like 1

@RDspaguy

Sorry for taking so long to post , not been able to get back from work before it’s gotten dark .

current temp is 30 degrees C . This was fresh water at 7pm last night at 20 degrees C - it hit 30 degrees C by 8am . No increase since .

No heater reset in this heater .

just circ pump give me 240v at the terminals.

fuse behind the main board for the circ pump is ok .

The heater terminals on the heater board are reading 240v with power on 

the heater itself is reading 0.16 ohms at 20k setting 

Temp sensor is reading 7.76 ohms 

High limit sensor is reading 8.48 ohms 

both set at 20k 

Will add some pics and a video 

A2F4F20E-68B3-4448-A237-909F0D80858D.jpeg

F83BB2E3-6148-492A-B105-E4319DBCF327.jpeg

3C8B3DBB-FFDB-4DBB-B785-EC40292D166C.jpeg

DC7AA952-579C-4B19-BE73-75A69DD73718.jpeg

B0E1EC52-DC9F-4299-B999-76CD26D83F75.jpeg

@RDspaguy

Sorry for taking so long to post , not been able to get back from work before it’s gotten dark .

current temp is 30 degrees C . This was fresh water at 7pm last night at 20 degrees C - it hit 30 degrees C by 8am . No increase since .

No heater reset in this heater .

just circ pump give me 240v at the terminals.

fuse behind the main board for the circ pump is ok .

The heater terminals on the heater board are reading 240v with power on 

the heater itself is reading 0.16 ohms at 20k setting 

Temp sensor is reading 7.76 ohms 

High limit sensor is reading 8.48 ohms 

both set at 20k 

Will add some pics and a video 

Ok. 20k ohm setting is for sensors. The lowest ohm setting (label varies with brand) perhaps something like >l or o))) for the heater. You should read 38.4 ohms on that heater rated 1.5kw at 240v. 136 is a bad heater, but is strange as bad heaters usually either short to ground and trip the gfci breaker (you do have a gfci breaker, right?), or burn out and have no continuity (open circuit, no ohm reading). 

Make sure you are disconnecting the heater from the board while testing.

@RDspaguy

Ok suspected as much . I’m not convinced the heater in our hot tub was new when put in .

Do I replace with a like for like replacement or can I upgrade the heater ? 
will upgrading cause any issues with either boards ?

In your experience is it best to go for a genuine part or are the generic ones any good ?

Thank you for your help with all of this 

Russell 

You won't find a generic. Your best bet is to replace with what it has. Trying to get a higher kw or different shape will both have problems to be dealt with. If you can't find that heater then we will have to make something else work, but then you are talking chevy parts in a ford. It's going to need some creative adapting.