SoftTub 220 Model P Code

PeanutBacon

Hello, I am wondering if someone could help with this, I recently got a softtub for free which sat around for a couple of years. I first cleaned it and filled it, ran the jets and a lot of this black/green film came flying out of the jets. I’m assuming this is some kind of thing that happens when you leave water sitting in the lines for a while. I did this to clean out the system since I knew this sat around not being used. I drained the soft tub and cleaned everything out with a garden hose and made sure that nothing would be floating around when i turned it on again. 

so here is my issue, the soft tub will turn on when I plug it in but gives me a P code, the jets will kick on but there is no temperature display on the console, it runs for a minute or two then the temperature comes back on, the tub reached the temperature i needed it to be at and then completely shut off again. I reset the tub and turned it back on again, now it runs for a minute with a P code and then shuts the whole thing off again. I’ve looked into this and the most common response I have is you need to flush the temperature housing. How do I do this? And if I do this or have to replace the thermostat will this fix the issue?

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...