Dichlor without CYA ?

MikeTub

Hello my new friends,

Is there such thing as dichlor without CYA ? / I know that Frog "Smartchlor" is essentially that...

Are there any other option beside adding bleach when high CYA levels are hit ?

Last question, are there floaters for hot tub to dispense chlorine ... Beside the Frog?

Is Lithium the answer here ? >> Update looks like one can't buy Lithium products anymore, did all companies stop making it?

Answers are appreciated

To my knowledge all commercially available dichlor has cya. I am not familiar with "smartchlor".

You can use a tablet floater. Tabs are trichlor which is acidic and the floaters tend to end up in the skimmer which is bad for the equipment. It is a constant feed system which means it gasses off continuously and will damage the cover more than a one-time treatment with the cover open. They also contain cya, but much less than dichlor.

I find that with ozone and mineral purifier I use very little dichlor (1tsp plus 1/2tsp per bather after use) and by the time I am getting high cya I am due to drain and start a fresh nature2 anyway. I use liquid if there is some need to shock, such as a spilled drink or when my son brings a dog swimming, but use only dichlor for my primary sanitizer. 

• Like 1