Lay-Z-Spa cloudy water not filtering out

kennyuk

Hello I am hoping you can give some help.

I have a Lay-Z-Spa Miami that I got last year. Last and this I am having an issues keeping water clean.

The water chemical balance is okay, according to the test strips.

However the water keeps clouding up and will not filter out, after about 7 to 10 days.

The pump working well, as it heat up the spar fine, and I feel a nice water flow from the outlet.

I keep the lid on all the time when the spar is not in use.

I use the Clear water clarifier and it does to some point cleaner the water.

If after  I put the Clear water clarifier in the spar, it will make visible residue on the bottom of the spar. And the water does look a lot cleaner.

However there is no way of filtering out or removing this visible residue.

I always used a new clean filter, I have done the pump back clean.

But it will not filter it out, ( I have put clarifier in when the pub is on, tried using the air jet to mix the water up)

I have also used Lay-Z-Spa Rechargeable Vacuum, but this just seaming to suck the residue up and then atomizer residue making the water go cloudy again.

I also put some silk in side the Vacuum to try and see if that would help but it did not.

So what am I doing wrong?

Who can I fix this issues I having of the water not been fileted out properly?

I'm not a professional and can't give you an absolutely correct answer but maybe it's due to chemical disbalance (bad or old testing strips). 

or maybe you can try a different kinds of vacuum heads? I had problems with a dirty surface, especially in the corners. I tried different chemicals, asked pool owners, neighbors, and turned out it was because of the bad vacuum head. It wasn't suitable for my type of surface, so I bought a new one with a triangular shape and now it works well enough.

I found info that cloudy water can be caused by improper levels of chlorine, imbalanced pH and alkalinity, very high calcium hardness (CH) levels, faulty or clogged filter, early stages of algae, ammonia, and debris. 

So you can try: 

1. Balance free chlorine (FC) levels. If FC is low, you need to shock your swimming pool to fix cloudy water and kill bacteria before you get algae or ammonia in your pool.

2. Eliminate ammonia and get rid of young algae.

3. Monitor and balance pH and TA levels.

4. Correct calcium hardness (CH) levels.

5. Remove foreign particles and mineral deposits, scrub, and vacuum up the pool.

Imbalanced chemicals can also cause cloudy water: too much or too little chlorine, or the pH, alkalinity, calcium hardness, or stabilizer (cyanuric acid) levels are imbalanced.

Or you can google 'cloudy water in the pool', and find some articles about the causes of cloudy swimming pool water and how to clear it.

The environment and weather may also be the cause of cloudy water. To fix and prevent cloudy water you need to remove algae, scrub and clean the pool using a large leaf net and vacuum. Then do a pool shock to get rid of any remaining algae. Here is also important to choose the right vacuum and vacuum head. You can find info about choosing it in some youtube reviews or guides/articles. As an example, I found a buying guide about pool vacuum heads. As far as I can see, it's a review of different types of vacuum heads, its pros, and cons. As for me, I prefer to read peoples' comments about their purchase in the online store.

By the way, all info I found in this article: https://dengarden.com/swimming-pools/Cloudy-Swimming-Pool-Water#:~:text=Cloudy or milky swimming pool,algae%2C ammonia%2C and debris. And if shocking and cleaning won't work, you can read it because I wrote some of advices I found. There are more of them.

Hope it will help 😉

• Like 1