2011 Hot Spot SX topside...discontinued! BOOOOO Watkins

Any Watkins guys know where to find a discontinued 2011 Hot Spot SX topside. Everything I can find says you have to replace the control pack as well. Thing is not even 10 years old and you have to replace the pack to replace the topside...Epic fail by Watkins in my book. Looks like I will have to rip it all out and throw it in the garbage and replace it with a Gecko or Balboa unit so I can sleep at night when I sell it (Flip tub) BOOOO Watkins u suk. Never an easy fix with any of their products. JMO

The electronic manufacturer went out of  business.  Wasn't a planned obsolescence or anything (I can still get most parts for hot tubs that are 20 years old).  New control panels are not compatible unfortunately either.  Regretfully, only options are to update to current electronics or go the Gecko/Balboa route. 

• Sad 2

14 hours ago, CanadianSpaTech said:

Then the replacement pack and topside should be offered at cost or close to it IMHO

Not sure how you buy Watkins parts, but whomever you buy from, if you press the issue (politely complain), I'm sure they would do something as an accommodation.  Though even with an accommodation, you might still be able to get a Gecko IN.YJ-2 pack for cheaper.