Accessory Ideas

I've seen a few posts looking for ideas on building accessories, gazebos, etc for hot tubs so thought it might be a good idea to have a topic that generalizes this category. I'm always interested in new ideas, and especially liked some of them for towel warmers, so hopefully nobody minds if i cut and paste those in here as well (Not my ideas, credit given to those who came up with them).

Posted by Roger:

I made a cedar box 2 foot high, 3 foot long and 2 foot deep. It has a hinged lid and is made from tongue and groove cedar glued and nailed. Inside 8 inches up from the bottom is a piece of expanded metal resting on cedar furring strips, it can be lifted out. Under that is a 100 watt rough service light bulb in a trouble light holder, facing up screwed to the bottom, that is wired to an outside light switch mounted on the end of the box this is wired down and out the same side with a gromet in the hole with a 25 foot cord that plugs into a standerd 110 V outlet. Plop in the towels and hit the switch, you'd be amazed how warm it stays inside the box, and this is Northern Minnesota. The box also makes for a nice bench to sit on I have the cover reinforced with strips also to keep it ridgid. Good luck, have some fun. I tryed 2 bulbs first as I though I needed more heat, wrong, 1 gets plenty hot.

Posted by A Helping Hand:

You may want to try something a little off the wall. The pumps on your spa heat to about 125 degrees building some steps with a hinged top infront of your service panel and some venting would keep that compartment warm without extra electrical cost and no fear of a fire hazard.